Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 06:59 PM

Re: The Rule of Six.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A pity they don't extend those rules to the number of protesters causing damage and disruption in large numbers.
Exactly!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We should put aside personal inconveniences and sacrifices for the greater good of the whole community .
My nephew passed out yesterday having completed his preliminary Army training , none of his family were allowed to share his proud moment, that is life in a C19 world time we got used to it.

Some people are being selfish considering only themselves as the rates of C19 infection and the R rate rise again.

I listened earlier to an item on the radio from India where there were no beds or oxygen available for C19 patients, their system is so overwhelmed people are just being left to die in huge numbers. We manage to avoid that so far but there was a time at the start of the pandemic when i understand we came close to our system being overwhelmed.

Do those selfish people grumbling about missing a few events ever stop to think about those who were at the sharp end of dealing with the pandemic and don't want to see a return to the possibility of our system being overwhelmed
and thousands dying.

If more people had stuck to the guidance given by the health professionals with regard to distancing etc in the first place we would't be in the situation we find ourselves in now.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is a sad fact that many think " It won't happen to me"... but it does!
This virus has already killed many thousands of people, and the more who catch it, the more will die. If we reach a situation where too many catch it then medical care will only be available for some. If more doctors & nurses catch it there is a chance that there will be no care at all & much of the population may die.

It is easy to say " I am not going to let it change my plans" but how would you feel if the people you cared about died, just because you wouldn't change your plans.
I would prefer to know my loved ones are safe & well, even if they can't enjoy social functions as they used to. Once you are dead all social functions will disappear!

It is easy to criticize the government rules, but those who don't follow them will have nobody to blame but themselves if care is not there when they catch it!
Brilliant posts. from both of you, Meg & Twink. I agree wholeheartedly. It's people who haven't & won't follow the rules that are causing the surge in cases. Whatever age group they are.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by tiffany ->
brilliant posts. From both of you, meg & twink. I agree wholeheartedly. It's people who haven't & won't follow the rules that are causing the surge in cases. Whatever age group they are.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Brilliant posts. from both of you, Meg & Twink. I agree wholeheartedly. It's people who haven't & won't follow the rules that are causing the surge in cases. Whatever age group they are.
Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Indeed ..... to all four of you .....

The government needs to do something and (to misquote Gracie Hart) "That would be harsher punishment for virus violators" .....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We should put aside personal inconveniences and sacrifices for the greater good of the whole community .
My nephew passed out yesterday having completed his preliminary Army training , none of his family were allowed to share his proud moment, that is life in a C19 world time we got used to it.

Some people are being selfish considering only themselves as the rates of C19 infection and the R rate rise again.

I listened earlier to an item on the radio from India where there were no beds or oxygen available for C19 patients, their system is so overwhelmed people are just being left to die in huge numbers. We manage to avoid that so far but there was a time at the start of the pandemic when i understand we came close to our system being overwhelmed.

Do those selfish people grumbling about missing a few events ever stop to think about those who were at the sharp end of dealing with the pandemic and don't want to see a return to the possibility of our system being overwhelmed
and thousands dying.

If more people had stuck to the guidance given by the health professionals with regard to distancing etc in the first place we would't be in the situation we find ourselves in now.
Brilliant post. Spot on.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 08:41 PM

I was really saddened tonight in my local Tesco, there were hardly anyone with masks on, I couldn't help but notice it was mainly the young who wouldn't put on a mask.

I get there are exempt people, such as people with asthma, lung problems etc but I can't believe for one moment ALL these young people had such problems.

It feels to me like we are going to go into a second wave so we may have to go into lockdown again all because people were so selfish and rebellious as to not at least try to help stop the spread.

Horrible and selfish people.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I was really saddened tonight in my local Tesco, there were hardly anyone with masks on, I couldn't help but notice it was mainly the young who wouldn't put on a mask.

I get there are exempt people, such as people with asthma, lung problems etc but I can't believe for one moment ALL these young people had such problems.

It feels to me like we are going to go into a second wave so we may have to go into lockdown again all because people were so selfish and rebellious as to not at least try to help stop the spread.

Horrible and selfish people.
Spot on LQ, my thoughts exactly.

Spot
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 08:57 PM

I noticed that too today LQ. Both Asda and Tesco are not implementing mask wearing properly and there's no social distancing guidance in place. The alcohol gel is now being pretty much ignored. I have walked out of tesco abandoning shopping in the past because their self checkouts were not being socially distanced. I used till service today which wasn't too bad because there was no queue. But shopping felt safer a week or two ago. Thank goodness for Ocado.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 09:15 PM

Could you have twelve over for Christmas if they all promised to stand on one leg?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 09:25 PM

I agree with you Queenie and Annie, but this very topic brings us all the way back to the thread we had about wearing ID if we had a medical problem which prevented us wearing a mask, doesn't it.

If you remember, there were quite a few people who strongly disagreed with having to wear a lanyard, badge, or any other form of ID.
They felt it their health was a private matter and weren't prepared to make it public knowledge by wearing ID.

We then went on to discussing who should be policing it anyway, because our police force can't be spared for standing about in shop doorways all day.

So what is the answer, if some people can't be bothered to do their bit in these difficult times?

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top