Join for free
Page 15 of 51 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:04 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

The charity World Land Trust Is a great charity that buys land in order to preserve it for wildlife and fauna .

You can donate .

£100 buys an acre of land for perpetuality .

https://www.worldlandtrust.org/appeals/buy-an-acre/

https://www.worldlandtrust.org/patrons/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
With respect, you started this thread citing David Attenborough bringing the world's possible extinction to our attention. XR is on the same mission but in direct opposition to Sir David's methods - he doesn't go around vandalising, destroying, and polluting to get his message across, he does it in a calm and respectful way. In contrast to you, I DO care about how much rubbish they leave behind. They are hypocrites causing environmental damage in their own way.
Well said, Judd.
I think we responsible people all think the same way.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t know that XR does those things - they may just be being targeted by the right wing media.
Oh come on, Muddy.
You sound like a Labour politician. Everything is the fault of the right wing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The simple facts are that the human population is growing at an astronomical rate. In 1930, the earths population was 2 billion. By 1975 it was 4 billion. we are now on track to reach 8 billion. By 2065 it will be 16 billion. We are breeding like rabbits. And there is not a single thing we can do about it.

Please don't tell me what China has done. They are a dictatorship and can do whatever they please. Yes, even forced abortion and sterilization.

Moreover, I, and everyone reading this, can do absolutely nothing to change our world's collective carbon footprint. Oh, sure, we can do without dishwashers and microwaves but that is like using a teacup to drain the ocean. Anyone who thinks he/she can make any impact on the earth's ecology is delusional. Yes, doing without can make you feel better but going without merely makes your life harder.

Seriously, 99.9 % of the worlds population doesn't give a rats arse about leaving a carbon footprint or about having more and evermore babies.
Spot on bakerman.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh come on, Muddy.
At the risk of taking this thread off topic May I ask if you yourself had any personal experience with Extinction Rebellion?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-09-2020, 10:32 PM

At the risk of taking this thread off topic May I ask if you yourself had any personal experience with Extinction Rebellion?
No, thankfully.
However, I have seen the sort of damage they do - with no apparent benefit for anyone, including yourself if I may be so bold.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-09-2020, 10:51 PM

What actual damage have you seen?

I don’t know about benefit but Extinction Rebellion haven’t troubled me at all and I am fully in support of their aims.

Many doctors have signed up to Extinction Rebellion - in fact they have their own section of the movement -because they believe in the harmful effects of Climate change .

They can’t all be wrong .

https://www.doctorsforxr.com/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-09-2020, 11:01 PM

What actual damage have you seen?
Just one example which stuck in my mind:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...ee-extinction/

I cannot for the life of me see what benefit to anyone that mindless damage has done.

Can you explain it? Can you justify it?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-09-2020, 11:07 PM

Oh come on this is one occasion digging up turf .
It’s not exactly some major irreplaceable damage . .

Reported of course by the Torygraph!

We are destroying the rainforests and the oceans and the Torygraph is worried about a bit of turf !

Travellers cause that sort of damage and leave tons of rubbish on a weekly basis all over the country !
The BLM movement has done real damage left right and centre and not to just a bit of turf!!

Come on you can do better than that surely ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh come on, Muddy.
Well that's because it is!

Page 15 of 51 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top