Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 08:44 AM

Digital art ?

What is your opinion of digital art ?
Will it replace all art forms ?
It is so clever but will people in the future want to own a digital Mona Lisa ?
Will all traditional artists be redundant ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 09:04 AM

Re: Digital art ?

It can be beautiful and interesting. I think it will become acceptable as you need the human creative element.
I wish I could do it as my hands are failing me I need a creative outlet.
That's why I edit most photos, much to the
annoyance of some. I see them as art not just memories.

It will never replace other forms of Art, just develop alongside it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 10:09 AM

I guess it's a lot better than an unmade bed & a dead cow.
How they can call that art I'll never know.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I guess it's a lot better than an unmade bed & a dead cow.
How they can call that art I'll never know.
I used to think that but, sometimes you see a shape or pattern that's pleasing in odd things.
I find the folds of a towel hanging on a peg can be very pleasant, tangles of branches in a hedge, odd stuff.
I once came across something that I assumed was the intestines of an animal a fox killed. It was quite amazing!

(Now you think I'm really odd don't cha!)
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I used to think that but, sometimes you see a shape or pattern that's pleasing in odd things.
I find the folds of a towel hanging on a peg can be very pleasant, tangles of branches in a hedge, odd stuff.
I once came across something that I assumed was the intestines of an animal a fox killed. It was quite amazing!

(Now you think I'm really odd don't cha!)
I see what you mean, but that is our take on things, I would never pass an unmade bed off as art, I often have one here & we don't get vast sums of money for so called art.

This is from a site called Bomomo. it's great fun to do.
http://bomomo.com/

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	bomomo-1705.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	13734  
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It can be beautiful and interesting. I think it will become acceptable as you need the human creative element.
Totally agree and you do need the human input. However, with modern technology, some people go over the top to produce a 'certain' look.
I wish I could do it as my hands are failing me I need a creative outlet.
Have a look here https://www.google.com/search?q=crea...hrome&ie=UTF-8
That's why I edit most photos, much to the
annoyance of some. I see them as art not just memories.
I edit all of my photos too - mainly cropping, but most photographers that I know, always enhance their shots. I use Lightroom to get the best out of them. With modern editing suites and some of them are free, I see no reason for a photo to be wonky, badly blurred, or really over pixelated. Art and memories can go hand in hand - for example, my recent photo will stick in my memory of where I took it and how fortunate enough I was to be there.
It will never replace other forms of Art, just develop alongside it.

All forms of art are very subjective, albeit an old master, modernism, Tracey Emins, sculptures or using an editing suite for your photos.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

20-09-2020, 10:50 AM

I like David Hockneys digital and photo montage work just as much as his paintings.
He explores different mediums which is interesting.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
[/B] All forms of art are very subjective, albeit an old master, modernism, Tracey Emins, sculptures or using an editing suite for your photos.

I bet Marcal Duchamp had a good laugh when his Factory Bought Urinal, was exhibited in NewYork in 1917.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What is your opinion of digital art ?
Will it replace all art forms ?
It is so clever but will people in the future want to own a digital Mona Lisa ?
Will all traditional artists be redundant ?
If they can't keep up, then yes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I see what you mean, but that is our take on things, I would never pass an unmade bed off as art, I often have one here & we don't get vast sums of money for so called art.

This is from a site called Bomomo. it's great fun to do.
http://bomomo.com/
I like that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top