Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Re: Picture of You.

Originally Posted by ukgamecoder ->
great pic of you, pauline! Nice to see your face!
Rockchick
Lancs UK
Rockchick is female 

11-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
As nice as it might be to see who you are 'talking to', it could also prove very 'dodgy' in this day and age of scams etc.

For instance a photograph of anyone can be used to find another photograph of that person on the internet. The odds are that a person will use a particular photograph for their avatar on OFF, which is possibly the same as one on another website. For instance their account on a well-known social networking site can easily be found, and depending on their settings anything from there, used in any way at all. It's not necessarily the initial 'theft' of an avatar photograph from here or anywhere else, it's what can be found in relation to that person's photograph.
All that being said Baz. I do agree with you, but it is nice to put a face to a name :- there are a lot of other ways to steal another person’s photos then from random sites. Most folk have all photos in some cloud, wherever that is, most of these have breaches in security ( they don’t always admit them )
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Me
you have an infectious smile Susan
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by harbal ->
but it's still a man.

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Great pic of you, Pauline! Nice to see your face!
I have to admit she has a nice face.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Okay, pauline. And I must say that I prefer your face to that awful man you had before.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:12 AM

I like your current avatar Pauline.
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:14 AM

mine is me and his is me now
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have never had any problems in that area Baz....my pics are plastered all over FB......
Perhaps you have been fortunate in that way. The settings on FB are not always understood. For instance some people on there inform their friends and family via their account that they will be away on holiday from such and such a date. If the settings of just one of those 'connected' persons are not locked right down anyone else on FB can gain that knowledge with the obvious results if that person is a 'no-good'. Sad to say this has happened, it's so easy too.

Originally Posted by Rockchick ->
All that being said Baz. I do agree with you, but it is nice to put a face to a name :- there are a lot of other ways to steal another person’s photos then from random sites. Most folk have all photos in some cloud, wherever that is, most of these have breaches in security ( they don’t always admit them )
I agree, it's nice to see what someone looks like, that's getting back to what we usually do in 'real life'. As in my post though, it's not the initial stealing of a photograph, it's what else can be found because of that. There are some clever people out there, it's surprising what can be done and very easily too. As an example of this did you know that police use FB, and other social websites, to find those who they 'wish to have words with'?

If anyone wishes to send a photograph via PM to another member, then I guess that can be easily done. Then it's not on general display, on what is after all a public forum.

As far as it goes I believe that if there is no personal avatar photograph, then that cannot be used in any underhanded way, by those who would do so. That has to be 110% the safest way.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

11-07-2021, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That has to be 110% the safest way.
To stay off the internet altogether is even safer.

Living your life with a constant eye on safety may be the wisest thing to do, but it's a bit too restricting for some of us.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top