Join for free
Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:17 PM

Re: Is Chivalry Dead?

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
That is Latin romance, nice . American women for me are loud, clinical, devoid of sex appeal and full of financial status. So the latter get back that which they give out.
I totally agree...American women are quite empty headed. My preference is either Italian or Spanish wonen.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I totally agree...American women are quite empty headed. My preference is either Italian or Spanish wonen.
Good man, you have taste and I suspect like me have a romantic inner self.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:20 PM

On another forum I referred to a woman as 'my dear' and was lambasted for it. It's difficult for we men to know what to do for the best.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:24 PM

Oh boy (or girl) !
I'm not sure you can generalize about nationalities like that.
People are people.
The good the bad and the ugly.

Gawd, I even 'dated' some bloody nice Pommie birds when I was footloose and fancy-free (Rose, where are you ?)
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Oh boy (or girl) !
I'm not sure you can generalize about nationalities like that.
People are people.
The good the bad and the ugly.

Gawd, I even 'dated' some bloody nice Pommie birds when I was footloose and fancy-free (Rose, where are you ?)

You have a point there. But there is no escaping culture. How women are brought up. Its quite obvious within different nationalities.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:45 PM

Post deleted by me.
Changed me mind.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Very true , but sometimes we cant be all sweetness and light towards others if we feel they have overstepped the mark ..
Ah well if people 'take' too many times and give nothing in return then they will suffer the consequences !!!

Just spoke with a friend who walked a few miles to somebody's house yesterday, in this awful weather, because she was guaranteed a lift home ...

Her friend changed her mind about giving her a lift back and MY friend had to trudge back home in the dark and wind and rain.

Now THAT is unacceptable !
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Thats outrageous Rachel ...how horrible for your friend..hope she never does anything like that again...she knows better now
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Post deleted by me.
Changed me mind.
Awwww c'mon Morty.

You know that now we're all wondering.
Surely it wasn't that unchivalrous ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I open doors for both men and women. Politeness, empathy (whatever) costs nothing and is usually rewarded by gratitude ... a smile, thanks, a look of relief ... that makes me feel good

What you put out WILL usually come back, but not necessarily in the same form ! lol
We reap what we sow. Do unto others etc !

I so enjoy trying to make people feel better ... even if there's no thanks at the time.
A kindness to a stranger, who may have been having a rubbish day, can help their attitude and thus benefit the people around them.

An acquaintance once said about women 'treat em mean to keep em keen' and I had to point out that if you're mean to somebody, then they will feel bad and behave accordingly and their bad mood will spread, like ripples in a pond.

These negative attitudes are toxic.

I agree with all of that Rachel. I hold doors for male and female as well. I call it good old fashioned 'manners' nothing to do with chivalry whatsoever.
Occasionally you get some miserable old git who just walks through without so much as a smile, but that's life, I find most people are nice though.

Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top