Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:04 PM

Re: Could you eat a

somewhere in the world I dont know if its China or Taiwan or somewhere like that, they eat monkeys brains whilst the monkey is still alive the horrible nasty buggers. When I heard about this I felt really upset and sick. Why on earth would you want to do that?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
somewhere in the world I dont know if its China or Taiwan or somewhere like that, they eat monkeys brains whilst the monkey is still alive the horrible nasty buggers. When I heard about this I felt really upset and sick. Why on earth would you want to do that?

How on earth can they eat the brain of an animal while it is still alive LQ?
What a revolting thought.

Apart from the fact the brain would still be raw, I would have thought when it's head was cut open, the monkey would die from shock, pain and blood loss?

Didn't they used to say that is how Aids started?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How on earth can they eat the brain of an animal while it is still alive LQ?
What a revolting thought.

Apart from the fact the brain would still be raw, I would have thought when it's head was cut open, the monkey would die from shock, pain and blood loss?

Didn't they used to say that is how Aids started?
I hope those people responsible all died of AIDS.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:16 PM

I'm not sure Mups.
One of my friends husband told me that he was working in this particular eastern country and there were tables with round holes with clamps, they put the monkey up through the hole then clamped it. They then proceeded to slice the monkeys head........sounded rather like how you would top a boiled egg. Doesn't bear thinking about really, what kind of people would do that, some countries are so uncivilised its vile. My friends husband was horrified when he witnessed it, omg
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:27 PM

I'm not sure Mups.
One of my friends husband told me that he was working in this particular eastern country and there were tables with round holes with clamps, they put the monkey up through the hole then clamped it. They then proceeded to slice the monkeys head........sounded rather like how you would top a boiled egg. Doesn't bear thinking about really, what kind of people would do that, some countries are so uncivilised its vile. My friends husband was horrified when he witnessed it, omg
I'm horrified just thinking about it.

I sometimes wish there was something like Karma.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:28 PM

This doesn't surprise me somehow, but I don't even want to think about it any more.
It is too abhorrent to anyone with a normal mind.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

04-03-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This doesn't surprise me somehow, but I don't even want to think about it any more.
It is too abhorrent to anyone with a normal mind.
monkey subject closed.......over and out
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:59 PM

Definitely not, if it is presented to me like that.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 01:03 AM

Because some people are out of their minds. No pun intended, of course.

People eat snakes while they're still alive, cut open frogs and eat the heart while it's still beating, all kinds of crazy stuff. I'm a fan of the show Bizarre Foods and some of the stuff other cultures eat is enough to make your jaw drop.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-03-2018, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Because some people are out of their minds. No pun intended, of course.

People eat snakes while they're still alive, cut open frogs and eat the heart while it's still beating, all kinds of crazy stuff. I'm a fan of the show Bizarre Foods and some of the stuff other cultures eat is enough to make your jaw drop.
There's no accounting for taste, so they say, but it makes me wonder whether eating some part of an animal that is still alive can taste any better than eating the same thing once the animal has been killed.

It just suggests to me that such people are mentally warped and get some strange satisfaction of superiority over their 'prey' in doing that.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top