Join for free
Page 23 of 34 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Re: Supreme Court nominee accused

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Judges are human, they make mistakes.

I have dated one, a lady for the avoidance of doubt.

She liked a drink, quite open about it, so what?

The thing about this man is that he lied about his drinking.

That is not acceptable in a Judge, we need to be able to trust them.

He is not fit to be a Supreme Court Judge.

I see no evidence of where Judge Kavanaugh lied about his drinking in high school and college. In fact he was quite open about it. The only bone of contention is whether he drank to the point of blacking out. There is only one person who knows for a fact whether he did or not --- the Judge himself. Other people can have opinions, but opinions are not facts.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I see no evidence of where Judge Kavanaugh lied about his drinking in high school and college. In fact he was quite open about it. The only bone of contention is whether he drank to the point of blacking out. There is only one person who knows for a fact whether he did or not --- the Judge himself. Other people can have opinions, but opinions are not facts.
You are not addressing the fact that some of his classmates, and even several close friends( who have come forward, on the record) has seen him belligerent, sloppy drunk where he is foggy as to where he is, and ...... often.
Even logged now as throwing ice in someone's face at a bar, and involving the police. That's a fact, not an opinion.
There is no crime in any of this, except for the fact he can't own up to it, tell the truth, and take responsibility without saying "the Democrats....." as an excuse to deflect the true issue being HE did this, not the Democrats.

I don't want someone with these traits sitting on the Supreme Court.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 03:43 PM

Probaby half of 17 years olds in the country have seen their classmates sloppily drunk at some point in their lives..
It not evidence of wrong doing .
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Probaby half of 17 years olds in the country have seen their classmates sloppily drunk at some point in their lives..
It not evidence of wrong doing .
Absolutely true, Muddy.

What is being challenged is the honestly and integrity to tell the truth when asked questions before a Senate hearing. If he has trouble being honest with these kinds of questions, how can he show integrity and be impartial when faced with a decision on the highest court in our land? This is what frightens me to the core.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Absolutely true, Muddy.

What is being challenged is the honestly and integrity to tell the truth when asked questions before a Senate hearing. If he has trouble being honest with these kinds of questions, how can he show integrity and be impartial when faced with a decision on the highest court in our land? This is what frightens me to the core.
So please tell me what has he lied about so far.

Has Ford lied???

Maybe her last plane flight to Hawaii made her so scared of flying to DC
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Absolutely true, Muddy.

Were you "frightened to the core" when Bill Clinton looked straight into the camera, lied through his teeth, and said, "I never had sex with that woman ---- Monica Lewinski" ? No , you probably were not.

I'd be willing to bet that you are "frightened to the core" because Judge Kavanaugh is a conservative who can not be counted on to deliver extreme leftist decisions.

Long before Judge Kavanaugh was even nominated, the Democrats were foaming at the mouth with hatred of him, especially the feminists who are "frightened to the core" at the very thought that Roe V. Wade could be overturned.

In any event, even if Kavanaugh does not make it to the Supreme Court, Pres. Trump will nominate and put another Judge in his place who is even further to the right.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 07:17 PM

Donald Trump has been heard recently saying " it's a scary time for young men" - I wonder what he means by this. It seems in some instances it has always been a scary time for young women. so maybe the balance is becoming more equal?

perhaps we can also say that 'it is becoming a scary time for nobel prize winners" too!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Donald Trump has been heard recently saying " it's a scary time for young men" -
I wonder what he means by this.
It seems in some instances it has always been a scary time for young women. so maybe the balance is becoming more equal?
He means that they can't get away any longer with the kind of behaviour that marks him (Trump) out as a misogynistic pussy grabbing chauvinistic horror.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 07:57 PM

What if it was your innocent son that was accused ?
Right Now
upstate New York US

02-10-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Were you "frightened to the core" when Bill Clinton looked straight into the camera, lied through his teeth, and said, "I never had sex with that woman ---- Monica Lewinski" ? No , you probably were not.

I'd be willing to bet that you are "frightened to the core" because Judge Kavanaugh is a conservative who can not be counted on to deliver extreme leftist decisions.

Long before Judge Kavanaugh was even nominated, the Democrats were foaming at the mouth with hatred of him, especially the feminists who are "frightened to the core" at the very thought that Roe V. Wade could be overturned.

In any event, even if Kavanaugh does not make it to the Supreme Court, Pres. Trump will nominate and put another Judge in his place who is even further to the right.
Nope, Pres. Clinton wasn't in front of a Senate hearing committee after placing his hand on a bible to tell the truth about a consentual blow job.
Your right wingers can't hold themselves responsible for their actions, must always, and forever and ever, pull in past democrats to hold up as examples for comparison. Just once, how about a debate where they own what they did, all on their own. As for the rest of your comment, it only makes me smile.
You have no idea what frightens me to the core. Never assume you do.
That would be your Own mistake.

Page 23 of 34 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top