Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 09:51 PM

Re: Anyone Heard Of FODMAP eating plan for IBS

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Thanks Alice, my doctor is trying to get a second opinion from the RUH in Bath but, I have to wait until March just to go on the waiting list, thankfully I haven't lost any more weight since I've been on Complan so it's not urgent anymore. But as my sister died of bowel cancer last year, it's still very worrying.
So sorry to hear about your sister Twiz. Even having to take Complan regularly can't be so nice for you, I really feel for you and hope they find an answer and help for your IBS x
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No I agree it doesn't work for everyone Alice but I think more people these days are willing to change their diets to help themselves.
Yes indeed they do Mags...as foods can be triggers of flare ups, it make sense to avoid known trigger foods.

I have IBS and it would be just plain stupidity for me to eat what I know affects me adversely...I avoid those foods like the plague.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Might be many, but not all..........
And if you read carefully you will find that no one has said all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:04 PM

I am just guessing but I would suggest people taking medication avoid foods too, no one in their right mind would do otherwise

My husband was on medication for about a year while he had tests and was avoiding any foods seemed to upset him, he had to find the right combination though. I would add he has gradually gone back onto the foods and as long as he doesn't go mad and eat loads his body seems to have reset it's self if that is medically possible.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I didn't say you did'..............
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am just guessing but I would suggest people taking medication avoid foods too, no one in their right mind would do otherwise

My husband was on medication for about a year while he had tests and was avoiding any foods seemed to upset him, he had to find the right combination though. I would add he has gradually gone back onto the foods and as long as he doesn't go mad and eat loads his body seems to have reset it's self if that is medically possible.
Yes that is what tends to happen as when you eliminate the main cuprits the inflammation in the bowel will improve and everything calms down. Then you can have small amounts of some foods which aren't ideal but the body can deal with that as long as worse offenders are not included in the diet.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

24-02-2015, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

It's probably human nature to have a pick at food you know is not good for you, even once in a blue moon, I wouldn't call it not in their right mind. We're all only human.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
The good thing is that with the newer research GP's won't feel so helpless in the face of so many patients with IBS and only being able to prescribe antispasmodics and indigestion meds which were of such limited use, at last research may be able to help those of us who have had these problems for so long.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
It's probably human nature to have a pick at food you know is not good for you, even once in a blue moon, I wouldn't call it not in their right mind. We're all only human.
Alice, I would say common sense would/should make you not want to pick at foods that you knew not to be good for you .... doing otherwise is lack of willpower.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

24-02-2015, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Alice, I would say common sense would/should make you not want to pick at foods that you knew not to be good for you .... doing otherwise is lack of willpower.
Well mags, I'll tell my friends and colleagues who suffer IBS, that

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top