Join for free
Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 02:24 PM

Re: Pub/Restaurant/Shop Etc. Says Loos Are For Customers Only. Is This Mean?

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Yes Longdogs, and of course i sgree with your post.
The news i refer to was on BBC News yesterday.
That seconds your point i do believe.

I am on the bus to Chester at the moment.
Using my IPhone i am.
Love Chester. Enjoy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 02:38 PM

Should I need to use a toilet in a pub or any other outlet, I'd feel obliged to order a drink first to justify my use of them.

I did the same in Paris once, when I had occasion to use a 'poorly functioning' public toilet (I posted about it on here some time ago). As I had been unable to 'clean' myself to the extent I felt I wanted to do, we made out way to the nearest half-decent looking cafe, ordered coffee, and I went to finish the job in their toilets.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 03:01 PM

I'd always thought that the provision of public toilets by councils etc was not just a thoughtful act but an act of promoting good public hygiene - go back a few 100 years ago and see what public hygiene was like then. Removing public toilets as clearly is happening throughout UK is not only inconvenient but a "reduction" in public hygiene - is this really the way to go? - obviously yes!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:03 PM

I agree with Boozercruiser. In view of the fact that public toilets are few and far between, I think shops and businesses should offer toilet facilities to people who get caught short. To refuse a toilet to a desperate person could mean them having to spend some time in public view with wet trousers or other clothing showing. How unkind is that? If business premises have customer toilets, let the public use them I say.

People need to feel comfortable while out visiting shops and/or tourist attractions. That's beneficial to all traders in the area. If several shops/businesses were to offer facilities, the burden could be shared.

We're not talking private homes here but having said that, I have let delivery men use our toilet. Poor blokes are out on the road all day and there's no way I'd refuse them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yoda you are?
Or Benny from Crossroads?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Go to most European cafes and they will charge for you going to their loo. And why not? They have to clean them don't they?

Ive a sneaky feeling we were charged to use the Loos in McDonalds in Frankfurt about 20 years ago
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Ive a sneaky feeling we were charged to use the Loos in McDonalds in Frankfurt about 20 years ago
I thought McDonald's wouldn't charge but possibly so, Missy. I know most eateries in Amsterdam do charge though.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I thought McDonald's wouldn't charge but possibly so, Missy. I know most eateries in Amsterdam do charge though.
Im pretty sure it was in Frankfurt, it was definitely a McDonalds because I was with mum and when she's not sure about food somewhere, she heads to McDs as she knows what she's getting
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
We're not talking private homes here but having said that, I have let delivery men use our toilet. Poor blokes are out on the road all day and there's no way I'd refuse them.
Yes, I have done the same. After all, they are providing a service for me.

One good thing about councils closing public conveniences, which I think has not been mentioned here, is that they were used by certain types of men for doing certain naughty things.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I agree with Boozercruiser. In view of the fact that public toilets are few and far between, I think shops and businesses should offer toilet facilities to people who get caught short. To refuse a toilet to a desperate person could mean them having to spend some time in public view with wet trousers or other clothing showing. How unkind is that? If business premises have customer toilets, let the public use them I say.

People need to feel comfortable while out visiting shops and/or tourist attractions. That's beneficial to all traders in the area. If several shops/businesses were to offer facilities, the burden could be shared.

I totally agree,
Wherever Ye may be,
there must be somewhere to pee,

Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top