Join for free
Page 39 of 57 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:02 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agreed with a comment made by Ulrika Jonsson in the paper about how some people can 'bend the rules' regarding Covid restrictions.

She said - " It must feel so reassuring to people who have been unable to attend funerals, and couples who have cancelled, reinstated, then re-cancelled their weddings, and those who have had to abort trips abroad to see relations or get a holiday, and to those who have been unable to see loved ones this past year and a half . . . that "football is a special case."

"VIP's flying into the UK for the Euros final on Sunday July 11th, are set to be excused from the quarantine requirements other travellers face.

"And how on earth it was ever thought a great idea to host this tournament in 11 cities across Europe during a pandemic, I shall never know. Answers on a postcard please.

"But it's the insulting lack of parity and equity in the treatment of all of us supposedly "in it together" that drives people to distraction and, presumably, the breaking of rules.

"I have said from the start, it does not feel as if we are all in it together - and if ever proof were needed, this is it."
I'm no fan of Ulrika but I entirely agree with her viewpoint ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I'm no fan of Ulrika but I entirely agree with her viewpoint ......

Me too.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:25 PM

Covid in Scotland: New cases pass 3,000 to reach new record high

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57638936

A further 3,285 cases of Covid-19 have been recorded in Scotland, a new record high.

A total of 12.6% of people who were tested for the virus were positive. The previous highest number of cases was the 2,999 reported last Thursday.

The government aims to move the whole of Scotland to the lowest level of the five-tier system of restrictions on 19 July, before lifting most measures entirely in August.

However, the announcement of these plans has coincided with a sharp rise in new cases of the virus, with infections surpassing the highest levels of the "second wave" in January.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 05:04 PM

Huge crowds gathered in and around Edinburgh Waverley train station today as the Queen touched down in the capital for a week-long visit to Scotland.

Queen Elizabeth II, 95, was greeted by large crowds who were kept behind barriers and monitored by police and security as she arrived at the station today [June 28] for Royal Week.

PROMOTED STORIES
Footage showed a cheering crowd greeting Her Majesty as she made her way to a waiting car.

The Queen was later spotted in Cumbernauld with her grandson The Duke of Cambridge for a tour of the AG Barr's factory to see how Scotland’s iconic Irn Bru soft drink is made.

Well Her Maj' doesn't appear to be too perturbed about it..so neither will I.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-06-2021, 05:06 PM

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

A further 22,868* confirmed cases in the UK were announced by the government on Monday .....

That's 116,287 in the last 7 days .....

* That takes us back to January 28th .....

At the current average 7-day rate of 17,000 that could mean 510,000 in a month .....

Nevertheless:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57630553

Easing measures on 19 July very likely, says Boris Johnson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57634438

Health Secretary Sajid Javid is updating MPs on the planned ending of England's lockdown on 19 July and says: "My task is to help return the economic and cultural life of this country. For me 19th July is not only the end of the line but the start of an exciting new journey for our country."
Unfounded optimism .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-06-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Huge crowds gathered in and around Edinburgh Waverley train station today as the Queen touched down in the capital for a week-long visit to Scotland.

Queen Elizabeth II, 95, was greeted by large crowds who were kept behind barriers and monitored by police and security as she arrived at the station today [June 28] for Royal Week.

PROMOTED STORIES
Footage showed a cheering crowd greeting Her Majesty as she made her way to a waiting car.

The Queen was later spotted in Cumbernauld with her grandson The Duke of Cambridge for a tour of the AG Barr's factory to see how Scotland’s iconic Irn Bru soft drink is made.

Well Her Maj' doesn't appear to be too perturbed about it..so neither will I.
According to the latest figures published by the Scottish government, East Lothian, Midlothian and the City of Edinburgh recorded some of the highest rates of Covid-19 in Scotland this week.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-areas-3288431

East Lothian has seen a jump in case figures and overtaken Dundee as the worst hit area in Scotland

Last week it was number five on the list with 208.2 cases per 100,000, this week it is number one with 594.8* cases per 100,000.
* Compared to an average rate of 134.3 per 100,000 people in the UK.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 05:57 PM

According to the latest figures published by the Scottish government, East Lothian, Midlothian and the City of Edinburgh recorded some of the highest rates of Covid-19 in Scotland this week.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-areas-3288431

* Compared to an average rate of 134.3 per 100,000 people in the UK.
Maybe We should all slit Our throats...would that make You any happier
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-06-2021, 06:00 PM

Maybe We should all slit Our throats...would that make You any happier
Indeed, no ..... but feel free yourself to take your chances in high-risk neighbourhoods .....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

28-06-2021, 06:07 PM

Indeed, no ..... but feel free yourself to take your chances in high-risk neighbourhoods .....
I don't take ANY chances,but I don't need YOU to tell Me.
I see/hear/read about it on tv/radio/online,so no point in You banging on about it on the OFF...WE ALL KNOW ALLREADY.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-06-2021, 06:19 PM

I don't take ANY chances,but I don't need YOU to tell Me.
I see/hear/read about it on tv/radio/online,so no point in You banging on about it on the OFF...WE ALL KNOW ALLREADY.
Good for you .....

Page 39 of 57 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top