Join for free
Page 43 of 57 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:37 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

Scotland tops Europe hotspot chart

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57712737

Lothian, Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Fife, Lanarkshire and Ayrshire and Arran health boards are also in the top 10, along with north-east and north-west England.

The only areas in the table outside the UK are Nur-Sultan City in Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation's capital, Moscow.

According to the latest ONS infection survey figures, Scotland is believed to have the highest Covid rate in the UK, with estimated levels in the Scottish population 73% higher than in England, triple those in Wales and more than four times higher than those in Northern Ireland.

The Scottish government wants to move all parts of Scotland to level 0 on 19 July, which First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said would be "a significant step back to normality".

It expects to have completed second doses for all over-40s by 26 July.

Two weeks later - on 9 August - the major remaining legal Covid restrictions could be lifted.

Blimey, that's so out of control that it's almost a runaway .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:41 PM

I know.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->

I know.
Are you anywhere near the "danger zones" .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:52 PM

Yep...my health board is Greater Glasgow & Clyde, which to be fair, covers a vast area. My own little corner of that though is worrying with a +3.1 rise in cases since last week. No deaths though. Most of the local school are reporting incredibly high levels of absenteeism.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

05-07-2021, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yep...my health board is Greater Glasgow & Clyde, which to be fair, covers a vast area. My own little corner of that though is worrying with a +3.1 rise in cases since last week. No deaths though. Most of the local school are reporting incredibly high levels of absenteeism.
Well, take EXTRA care .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

05-07-2021, 05:33 PM

Most rules set to end in England, says PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57725523

Face masks will no longer be legally required and distancing rules will be scrapped at the final stage of England's Covid lockdown roadmap, Boris Johnson has confirmed.

The rule of six inside private homes will be removed and work-from-home guidance abolished as 16 months of on-off restrictions on daily life end.

The PM said he expected the final step would happen as planned on 19 July.

This will be confirmed on 12 July after a review of the latest data.

Further updates on school bubbles, travel and self-isolation will follow in the coming days, Mr Johnson said.

Speaking at a Downing Street news conference, Mr Johnson said the ability to end a vast majority of legal restrictions in England was thanks to the success of the vaccine rollout.

But he warned cases were predicted to rise to 50,000 a day later this month and said "we must reconcile ourselves, sadly, to more deaths from Covid".
I don't think I'll be "mingling" just yet, then .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

05-07-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Well, take EXTRA care .....
I am, Omah, I really am. And thank you Our "Freedom day" isn't until August 9th, but I'll still be taking the same precautions as I have been, with regard to avoidance, mask wearing, and sanitising. Don't care what anyone says I CAN do, I'll be doing what's right for me.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

05-07-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Most rules set to end in England, says PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57725523

I don't think I'll be "mingling" just yet, then .....
The work from home being abolished makes me laugh. The amount of money these companies have saved on expenses, plus with the leases not being renewed on offices...I mean, why would you have all that cost? It would be better to keep your staff at home doing work, rather than making them redundant because you have to pay for an office block!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:47 PM

Interesting charts

https://order-order.com/2021/07/05/b...ng-with-covid/
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

05-07-2021, 06:00 PM

Vlad...it concerns me that the Health Secretary (and Boris, of course) seem hell bent on "living with Covid, like we live with the flu) This is NOT the flu

Page 43 of 57 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top