Join for free
Page 76 of 95 « First < 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 11:07 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

I am still reading Chick-Lit, it's escapism. Get through 3 books a week.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 01:25 AM

I am currently halfway through "Into the Water" another mystery by Paula Hawkins. She wrote "The Girl on the Train" which I enjoyed very much.

When I have finished that I have an ebook "The Girl who Takes an Eye for an Eye" by David Lagercrantz. He has taken over the Millennium Series after the death of Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo etc).

Not a usually a fan of books taken over by another author but I read "The Girl in the Spider Web" and it wasn't bad.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Shout at the Devil - Wilbur Smith

An old book I bought from a charity shop .
Muddy,
Unless I'm mistaken I have read every one of Wilbur Smiths novels. My personal favorites are 1st) River God,
2nd) The Sunbird, 3rd) The Seventh Scroll
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 12:43 PM

Just finished Michael Morpurgo's book Shadow & I cried. Bought it for £1 at a flea market.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 05:12 PM

I'm about 150 pages into "All That's Dead" by Stuart MacBride, in hardback, which I bought for £2 at our local hospice's charity shop. The book was actually new, signed by the author (although you couldn't tell who from the scribble ) and unread until I started to read it the other night.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 05:57 PM

Someone with similar tastes to us in books donates them to our local charity shop. A lot of them are up to date paperbacks they charge 30p for them! And 50p for hardbacks. Sadly because of this I hardly ever go to the library these days.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

19-02-2020, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Someone with similar tastes to us in books donates them to our local charity shop. A lot of them are up to date paperbacks they charge 30p for them! And 50p for hardbacks. Sadly because of this I hardly ever go to the library these days.
I haven't been to the library for years. I buy books in charity shops, at flea markets & from friends. I also buy from supermarkets & garden centres, the latter often have a bench with cheap paperbacks The Works is another good place to buy books from.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I haven't been to the library for years. I buy books in charity shops, at flea markets & from friends. I also buy from supermarkets & garden centres, the latter often have a bench with cheap paperbacks The Works is another good place to buy books from.
Ditto. In our case, you can add worldofbooks.co.uk to your list.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 10:08 PM

I brought a pile of books (mostly crime & thrillers) to the charity book desk in our local Tesco today. By the time we had done a short shop they were all gone! I just hope the peeps who bought them put a decent amount in the money box.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

21-02-2020, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Ditto. In our case, you can add worldofbooks.co.uk to your list.
I buy from Amazon too.

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
I brought a pile of books (mostly crime & thrillers) to the charity book desk in our local Tesco today. By the time we had done a short shop they were all gone! I just hope the peeps who bought them put a decent amount in the money box.
Our local Co-op used to have one, but they got rid of it for some reason. Never seen one in our Tesco though.

Page 76 of 95 « First < 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top