Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 10:29 AM

Re: Foolproof Microwave Poached Egg.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I forgot about that. That's why I'll never make it as a chef.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Much easier. Non-stick frying pan with melted butter, yum!
Definitely ruthio, have always made my scrambled egg in a small, non-stick frying pan that I use solely for fried eggs, scrambled and omelettes. All it ever needs are melted butter, choice of egg dish and a wooden utensil to stir it with. Much easier than a saucepan.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
scrambled eggs ...

try this folks

one egg per person plus one for the pan, break into a bowl but don't whisk. warm a spoon of veg oil plus a knob of butter in a non stick frying pan, pour in eggs, move around breaking up and cooking the whites leaving the yolks in one piece. Remove from heat, stir, chop it all up, serve.

More or less how I do it d00d, except that I get two small bowls when making scrambled eggs. I use only a generous knob of butter in the frying pan on a low heat, crack one egg into each bowl, then just the yolk of a second egg into each bowl, whisk until bubbles appear on the egg mixture, add salt and pepper, a little dollop of milk (I use cream cos HWMO loves his creamy scrambled eggs) and even grated cheese if you like, another quick mix and pour the mixture (in my case from one bowl) as cooking scrambled eggs only takes a couple of minutes, into the frying pan, turn the low heat up just slightly and when the sides of the egg mixture look as though they are starting to set, draw the mixture into the middle of the pan and give it a good stir with a wooden fork or spoon, no need to worry about the white as I have whisked the hell out of it prior.

I never cook the egg mixture too much as it continues to cook in the pan even when you turn the gas off. Besides, it looks much nicer if the egg mixture looks lovely and shiney when placing it onto a piece of buttered toast rather than looking dry and breaking off in bits on the toast.

But then again, I'm a fussy old fart when it comes to presentation and taste. even the crusts have to be cut off the toast!!!

By the time I have put two slices of toast on for HWMO, the scrambled eggs are done.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top