Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:07 PM

Re: Eggnog

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No need to whisper...I do too!

Before I moved I cleared out my ‘liquor store’ (a cupboard in my bedroom unit) and brought the bare minimum with me. One casualty was an old opened bottle of advocaat so I will look for a replacement bottle somewhere, get some lime cordial (already have lemonade), and enjoy.
Lime cordial - I haven't had that for a while. Takes me back to my Lager and lime days.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:18 PM

Or can use freshly squeezed limes. Just been Googling. Aldi sell an advocaat so I might go round there. Could do that while sis is here tomorrow watching Strictly (which I hate!) on my Sky box. She can babysit the dog. Then we can both enjoy a snowball on my return, lol.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:22 PM

I tried to make eggnog once because having watched lots of US tv I was curious. Perhaps I wasn't making it right but it didn't taste all that great.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I tried to make eggnog once because having watched lots of US tv I was curious. Perhaps I wasn't making it right but it didn't taste all that great.
Yes, that is possible. It always sounds nice in films. That's why I will only be making a small amount in case we hate it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-12-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by jazzi ->
or can use freshly squeezed limes. Just been googling. Aldi sell an advocaat so i might go round there. Could do that while sis is here tomorrow watching strictly (which i hate!) on my sky box. She can babysit the dog. Then we can both enjoy a snowball on my return, lol.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, that is possible. It always sounds nice in films. That's why I will only be making a small amount in case we hate it.
I made peach pie too for the same reason. That really was a revelation - it's made with tinned peaches!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-12-2019, 10:33 PM

I made peach pie too for the same reason. That really was a revelation - it's made with tinned peaches!
I will be making red cabbage with tinned pears also, on the day. I like both so it should be OK.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My mother used to like Advocat and lemonade which is either a snowball
Tastes better if you make it with Champagne!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-12-2019, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I will be making red cabbage with tinned pears also, on the day. I like both so it should be OK.
LD you cannot post something like this and then not post the recipe!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 12:29 AM

LD you cannot post something like this and then not post the recipe!
I agree with you, Annie

Let's have the recipe please LD "Red cabbage with tinned pears"

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top