Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:52 PM

Contagion

Did anyone else watch this film, transmitted on Thursday.

It was shot in 2011, nine years before the coronavirus raised its ugly head, yet it reflected almost exactly what is happening right now.
Did they know something then?

An excellent film and I think - I hope - it probably brought home to the young idiots behaving stupidly today that they need to grow up and act responsibly.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:55 PM

Re: Contagion

The only thing i heard about the movie is the amount of complaints OFCOM got about it. Those who complained said it was very insensitive and inappropriate to show such a film during a time when many people are scared and frightened.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
The only thing i heard about the movie is the amount of complaints OFCOM got about it. Those who complained said it was very insensitive and inappropriate to show such a film during a time when many people are scared and frightened.
Yes, I admit that parts of it were quite scary. Different people will have different opinions, but we enjoyed it.
As I suggested, the thing that sticks in my mind is how did they seem to know exactly what was going to happen nine years later? So many parallels with what is happening now.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 01:13 PM

The movie 'OutBreak' also has very very similar parallels to what is happening at the moment
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 06:07 PM

Yes I really enjoyed it too. Very prophetic.
Loved the ending.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:14 PM

I have seen a few virus type films advertised on Netty. I have to admit, I skipped past them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-03-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have seen a few virus type films advertised on Netty. I have to admit, I skipped past them.
Netty? You know what 'netty' means to Geordies, don't you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Netty? You know what 'netty' means to Geordies, don't you?
Well I didn't but I just Googled it. Google is great for looking up foreign words.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-03-2020, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well I didn't but I just Googled it. Google is great for looking up foreign words.
Marge's dad was a Geordie and that was one of the few words I managed to hear when he was talking to me!
He was a good bloke actually. An RQMS in the Sigs.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:43 PM

It was pretty awful to watch. I had to stop. Some of this is now happening in Italy. Tragic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top