Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 01:29 PM

Re: Patrick Stewart.....Picard Is Back.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Janeway - OK I suppose - again she had a good crew.
Horses for courses, I suppose.

What I dislike about her, intensely, is her rather loud nasal growling. I know she's American, but I know some Americans who can speak clearly and calmly and without such arrogance.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Horses for courses, I suppose.

What I dislike about her, intensely, is her rather loud nasal growling. I know she's American, but I know some Americans who can speak clearly and calmly and without such arrogance.
To be fair, she did mellow a bit in the later shows.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Has anyone else noticed the likeness?

Separated at birth?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 11:50 AM

Just watched episode 6 and its getting better each episode.
Although I was hoping now that Picard was going to enter the Borg ship he would be assimilated again and made a little younger and sprightlier. I am not liking watching him crawl about at times like an old man how much of that is real life and how much made up for the storyline I do not know,but I just wish they would inject him with something to make him move faster and not be scared of his own shadow.

Still we never know what awaits us do we.
Make it so.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Just watched episode 6 and its getting better each episode.
Although I was hoping now that Picard was going to enter the Borg ship he would be assimilated again and made a little younger and sprightlier. I am not liking watching him crawl about at times like an old man how much of that is real life and how much made up for the storyline I do not know,but I just wish they would inject him with something to make him move faster and not be scared of his own shadow.

Still we never know what awaits us do we.
Make it so.
We only watched the first episode and found that a little boring. However, if the Borg are about to reappear I think I'll watch some more.

You never know, Seven of Nine might also feature!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

29-02-2020, 01:38 PM

We only watched the first episode and found that a little boring. However, if the Borg are about to reappear I think I'll watch some more.

You never know, Seven of Nine might also feature!
As I mentioned in an earlier post, she's already here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-02-2020, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by judd ->
as i mentioned in an earlier post, she's already here.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 03:59 PM

Yes and what an entrance she made, she's offt now to roam the Galaxy Bar or was it the Milky Way .
But I am guessing she will be back just as scary as ever.

Mind thinking about olden days she was a babe wasn't she..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-02-2020, 04:06 PM

I've now watched episodes 2 (I was already about half-way through), 3 and 4, and just about to watch episode 5...

and there she is!

I'll save that for later, though.

I should add that getting a Firestick was a brilliant idea. We were already subscribed to Amazon Prime, so everything (except Netflix) is free.
There is also the advantage of instant access and no adverts.

An annual Prime subscription, being less than the TV Tax, and adding in the factor of TV offerings being mostly crap these days, I'm seriously considering ditching the TV licence and watching how the BBC disintegrates as many other viewers do the same!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

29-02-2020, 04:27 PM

I've now watched episodes 2 (I was already about half-way through), 3 and 4, and just about to watch episode 5...

and there she is!

I'll save that for later, though.

I should add that getting a Firestick was a brilliant idea. We were already subscribed to Amazon Prime, so everything (except Netflix) is free.
There is also the advantage of instant access and no adverts.

An annual Prime subscription, being less than the TV Tax, and adding in the factor of TV offerings being mostly crap these days, I'm seriously considering ditching the TV licence and watching how the BBC disintegrates as many other viewers do the same!
For those not having access to Amazon Prime, here is a taster. The scene is where Seven confronts the person responsible for Icheb's (from Voyager series) death. She has the habit of removing Borg technology from drones without anaesthetic, Icheb being one of her victims.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top