Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 05:51 PM

Re: Patrick Stewart.....Picard Is Back.

Ah, what a woman.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
For those not having access to Amazon Prime, here is a taster. The scene is where Seven confronts the person responsible for Icheb's (from Voyager series) death. She has the habit of removing Borg technology from drones without anaesthetic, Icheb being one of her victims.

Yes. She doesn't seem to have aged much, does she?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Ah, what a woman.
She's a Borg, but a very pretty one!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 10:42 PM

Deanna Troy and Will Ryker put in an appearance in yesterday's episode. No doubt they will include further guest stars as the series progresses.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-03-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Deanna Troy and Will Ryker put in an appearance in yesterday's episode. No doubt they will include further guest stars as the series progresses.
I finished watching the six episodes the other day and thought that was it. Is it still continuing?

Actually, to be honest, I thought it was a bit slow.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 11:49 AM

It does seem a little slow, but I don't really mind. It's a refreshing change to be honest. A lot of shows seem to hurl from one frantic action sequence to the next, probably to try and hold the attention of the Social Media generation who judging from the evidence seems to have the attention span of an amoeba.

Apropos of nothing, I really like the theme tune to the series and wish there was a longer version to listen to.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-03-2020, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It does seem a little slow, but I don't really mind. It's a refreshing change to be honest. A lot of shows seem to hurl from one frantic action sequence to the next, probably to try and hold the attention of the Social Media generation who judging from the evidence seems to have the attention span of an amoeba.

Apropos of nothing, I really like the theme tune to the series and wish there was a longer version to listen to.
Personally, I really like the acting of Picard and the vision of Seven!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 08:50 AM

Playing catch up now I have my laptop back.
Watched Seven take control of the Borg ship last night only for a short while but it felt great to watch the cube come to life.
Hopefully we shall see it become part of the fleet against the Romulan's.
They still need to be taught a lesson,I have never liked the pointy eared gits.

Never the less Seven is The Queen no mistaking that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-03-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Playing catch up now I have my laptop back.
Watched Seven take control of the Borg ship last night only for a short while but it felt great to watch the cube come to life.
Hopefully we shall see it become part of the fleet against the Romulan's.
They still need to be taught a lesson,I have never liked the pointy eared gits.

Never the less Seven is The Queen no mistaking that.
I agree.

And the Borg are the next best 'invention' since the Daleks.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

And the Borg are the next best 'invention' since the Daleks.

You are only saying that because the Daleks were British.
I loved the Daleks until I saw the top open and a little jelly fish like creature was pulled out. Totally lost interest after that,because I believed until then they were miniature humans in there with croaky voices. Aiming their little lazer guns at us and shouting "We will exterminate".

But the Borg are so powerful in every way just hearing them say "We are the Borg", "You will be assimilated", "Resistance is futile", Their cubes were impenetrable until they met up with Species 8472.

Then a rare silly mistake by The Borg they invaded 8472's Fluidic space and tried to assimilate them but couldn't.

They met their first unconquerable foe and Species 8472 crossed over to the Delta Quadrant and started killing and attacking Borg.
Yes so so much stronger than Dalek's..
But not as strong as Species 8472...

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top