Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 03:51 PM

Re: Where is Boris?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There are plenty of maps online showing flood zones. Along with crime maps, its the first thing I did before looking to move. Of course you can never be a hundred per cent sure.
I checked the Environment Agency's flood map for this area when we were thinking of buying our apartment and it showed it as being a 1 in 100 risk area. Actually, on the ground, we are about ½mile away from the River Severn and about 200' above it. It's going to take a hell of a lot of rain/molten ice caps for our area of Worcester to flood.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Me neither. I see that Commie Corbyn is waxing lyrical during his last throes as Labour leader, about Johnson's absence in flooded areas. Can't say I've seen him in Mytholmroyd or Mirfield recently.

That's all he is good at tbh.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I checked the Environment Agency's flood map for this area when we were thinking of buying our apartment and it showed it as being a 1 in 100 risk area. Actually, on the ground, we are about ½mile away from the River Severn and about 200' above it. It's going to take a hell of a lot of rain/molten ice caps for our area of Worcester to flood.
That's reassuring for you Percy.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's all he is good at tbh.
Ditto.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I believe Jeremy Corbyn is visiting the Welsh floods as we speak.

Johnson was probably frightened of getting his hair wet.
Probably only because he realised he'd slagged Boris off so thought he'd better put in an appearance.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-02-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Probably only because he realised he'd slagged Boris off so thought he'd better put in an appearance.
Plus he doesn't have much else to do.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 06:40 PM

Problem with all this calling for the PM to put in an appearance is that, when he does as in at Matlock in Derbyshire, he's slated for posing and taking photo calls. when he doesn't that's not right for the whingers either. he just can't please some people. My opinion is, he's better of keeping out the way and letting the emergency services do their job
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 07:53 PM

Boris is busy running the country, rather than swanning around doing pointless photo shoots which serve little purpose.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Boris is busy running the country, rather than swanning around doing pointless photo shoots which serve little purpose.
Yes, true.

All these photo shoots set a precedent for a prime minister so whenever we have a flood or a fire the expectation is they go there and drop everything else that might be far more urgent.

We have a cabinet and MP's to deal with this, it should not need the PM to drive round the country appeasing the public every time there was an environmental problem. A statement and a fund to help the victims is what's really needed, not photo shoots.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I wonder why not one of the princes or a duchess visits the area? It's more up their street to show their empathy with those struck by disaster?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top