Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 12:25 PM

Re: Overseas Aid

There's obviously plenty of money in the pot for certain things .

The UK is a major donor to the Syria crisis. To date, we have committed £3.1 billion, our largest-ever response to a single humanitarian crisis.

and

•The UK has provided £118 million this financial year to organisations delivering humanitarian aid cross-border primarily into north-west Syria. This helps to provide vulnerable people in Idlib with food, clean water, shelter and healthcare. The UK will continue to work with the UN to ensure aid reaches the people in need.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...ty-with-turkey

Makes me mad, because the majority of refugees in Idlib, would not be there if it hadn't been for Turkey's training grounds for the terrorists. I wonder if we provided funds for that too, and many of those so called refugees are the families of the terrorists.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
There's obviously plenty of money in the pot for certain things .

The UK is a major donor to the Syria crisis. To date, we have committed £3.1 billion, our largest-ever response to a single humanitarian crisis.

and

•The UK has provided £118 million this financial year to organisations delivering humanitarian aid cross-border primarily into north-west Syria. This helps to provide vulnerable people in Idlib with food, clean water, shelter and healthcare. The UK will continue to work with the UN to ensure aid reaches the people in need.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/f...ty-with-turkey

Makes me mad, because the majority of refugees in Idlib, would not be there if it hadn't been for Turkey's training grounds for the terrorists. I wonder if we provided funds for that too, and many of those so called refugees are the families of the terrorists.
Very true. We should keep our noses out of the Middle East.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 01:58 PM

The whole thing just makes me sick reading about it. I am always happy to help anyone but we MUST LOOK AFTER OUR OWN PEOPLE FIRST.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The whole thing just makes me sick reading about it. I am always happy to help anyone but we MUST LOOK AFTER OUR OWN PEOPLE FIRST.

Hi

Spot on.

We are a humanitarian Country, well will always help in case of Natural Disasters.

The rest can swan off.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on.

We are a humanitarian Country, well will always help in case of Natural Disasters.

The rest can swan off.
Exactly!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on.

The rest can swan off.
Precisely.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I just don’t know what we get from Pakistan .
Terrorists, Jihadi's, terrorist training camps?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-03-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Terrorists, Jihadi's, terrorist training camps?
And that's just the good bits.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top