Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 08:46 AM

State Pension Increase.

Hi

Got my letter yesterday.

It is going up by 3.9%.

Other State Benefits are only increasing by 1.7%.

This is a nonsense, it is pure bribery, we have not paid enough for our State Pensions and we should take the hit.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 08:53 AM

Re: State Pension Increase.

As long as Pensioners spend the increase and stimulate the economy, all is good.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Got my letter yesterday.

It is going up by 3.9%.

This is a nonsense, it is pure bribery, we have not paid enough for our State Pensions and we should take the hit.
Sorry, Swimmy, have to disagree there. Some of us have worked hard most of our lives to feed, clothe, house ourselves and, yes, fund a pension. The cost of living is rising alarmingly and, for those on a fixed income, that is scary.

The State Pension may rise by 3.9% but most of that will come off the Works Pension in tax - so the increase will not be so much over all.

As for 'other benefits' not being increased by as much - good - it might give the scroungers the incentive to work for a living!

You often brag about your finances - so maybe you don't need the increase - some of us are not so fortunate.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:05 AM

Hi

Got my letter yesterday.

It is going up by 3.9%.

Speak for yourself! It's going to take a long time before that 3.9% will negate the 3 years 9 months delay inflicted on the start of my pension!

Perhaps the increase should have gone only to WASPI's!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:24 AM

Hi

Got my letter yesterday.

It is going up by 3.9%.

Swim, if you object, perhaps you could donate your extra 2.2% to a cause you find more worthy. Don't forget that many older people paid what they they were told to, by the governments, and I rarely see an affluent pensioner.
Perhaps if their children looked after them, like used to happen in the old days, we wouldn't need to invest so much into caring for the elderley!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:35 AM

I've paid in my dues over years both on a personal level and by providing employment for others, which must have totalled a hundred times more than I will ever receive in pension, so I've no guilt now about taking the money thanks.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Speak for yourself! It's going to take a long time before that 3.9% will negate the 3 years 9 months delay inflicted on the start of my pension!

Perhaps the increase should have gone only to WASPI's!
Me too Lindyloo! If state pension is your only pension you need this increase!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Me too Lindyloo! If state pension is your only pension you need this increase!
Too true especially now when food prices have risen in the shops...Anyone who doesn't want or need it...give it to Someone who does.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sorry, Swimmy, have to disagree there. Some of us have worked hard most of our lives to feed, clothe, house ourselves and, yes, fund a pension. The cost of living is rising alarmingly and, for those on a fixed income, that is scary.

The State Pension may rise by 3.9% but most of that will come off the Works Pension in tax - so the increase will not be so much over all.

As for 'other benefits' not being increased by as much - good - it might give the scroungers the incentive to work for a living!

You often brag about your finances - so maybe you don't need the increase - some of us are not so fortunate.
Well said

Those of us that have worked and paid in for 50 years still only get to lower rate as BT had an opt out pension scheme.
However on balance the BT one pays out per rata better than the state pension. The state pension is crap in comparison.
£5 a week increase is an insult to OAP's
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 10:29 AM

Yep I'm grateful for the increase. I guess when you are a wealthier person it's not possible to understand how every extra £1 really does count . Because I was once poorer than I am now that i receive my state pension i reckon I'm lucky because I've been down lower than i am today

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top