Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 08:19 PM

Re: Passengers

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's why I don't pay a blind bit of attention to critics, would much rather make my own assessment of a film. The Blair Witch project is a case in point. A so-called `absolutely terrifying horror film' much lauded and raved over film by critics but I found it to be a total load of shite.
Ditto Judd
"Utter pants" makes it sound better than it was!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 08:20 PM

Parasite seems to be going down well with audiences (and critics)

I can't wait to catch that one
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 08:40 PM

That's why I don't pay a blind bit of attention to critics, would much rather make my own assessment of a film. The Blair Witch project is a case in point. A so-called `absolutely terrifying horror film' much lauded and raved over film by critics but I found it to be a total load of shite.
I remember reading a lot of good reviews from critics about the movie saying how terrifying it was from a first person point of view which is how the movie was filmed in but when i spoke to those who has seen it, the common census was that it was terrible, not as horrifying as the critics made it out to be.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
You had to accompany her to watch La La Land!!! oh my your wife is evil lol
I know Dodge.......I have a lot to put up with.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:03 AM

I am not a fan of sci fi and fantasy films as l can’t believe them!
After all the raves and good things said about Passengers, l downloaded it.

My verdict is the same as the critics... sorry....
l found it slow and boring until it got to the end where she had to rescue him. The setting, the way it was filmed was spectacular and very impressive but that’s about it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not a fan of sci fi and fantasy films as l can’t believe them!
After all the raves and good things said about Passengers, l downloaded it.

My verdict is the same as the critics... sorry....
l found it slow and boring until it got to the end where she had to rescue him. The setting, the way it was filmed was spectacular and very impressive but that’s about it.
Oh Arty........
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oh Arty........
Foxy, The bloke was selfish! Just cos he was lonely, he woke up an innocent woman! He didn’t choose an ugly old biddy, he chose the best looking one!
Although, the set cost a lot, the film makers didn’t have much to pay out on actors!

Did they have any children in all the years they were stuck on there? Well... there wasn’t very much else to do on there! Ha!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-03-2020, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, The bloke was selfish! Just cos he was lonely, he woke up an innocent woman! He didn’t choose an ugly old biddy, he chose the best looking one!
Although, the set cost a lot, the film makers didn’t have much to pay out on actors!

Did they have any children in all the years they were stuck on there? Well... there wasn’t very much else to do on there! Ha!
Could have been worse Arty......He could have woken up a bloke....
Yes, I wondered about the kids.....
I also wondered why they needed to wear clothes, after all, it would have been a constant temperature and who did the washing and ironing?
It would have been nice for a while though, but if they didn't play chess or scrabble I don't think sex would have kept them occupied for long... Two minutes a month is enough for me.... If there's nothing on the telly that is....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:39 PM

I completely agree about self-appointed 'critics'. They seem happy to give their own opinions about films assuming that they, being experts, are the only ones to hold valid opinions. The truth is, of course, that we are all different and I can safely say - without fear of contraception - that I hold different opinions to most people!

Yes, I recorded 'Passengers' on Sunday, hoping for the best, and certainly wasn't disappointed. One of the better sci-fi films I've seen. I'm sure that even Marge would like it too, but she hasn't yet deigned to watch it!
I shall be copying it to BluRay disc for permanent archiving when I get a round tuit.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:00 AM

A critic is only one person's idea of what is or isn't a good film. Or anything else for that matter. I missed Passengers when it was televised. I wanted to see it so I ordered it from Amazon, it arrived the next day, only cost a fiver and no postage charge. Oh yes and I loved it. Watched it twice. Now my wife and I are Isolated no doubt it will be watched again..along with dozens of other films. Roll on a few dry days, to get in the garden and away from the telly.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top