Join for free
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 01:09 PM

Westworld series 3 - yay!

Just watched episode 1 and really enjoyed it. I won't discuss any details at all because I might let slip a spoiler, but there's some scenes that take place after the closing credits.

It's a complex plot, and I haven't quite worked out all the angles yet, but will have fun doing so, lol.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 06:49 PM

Re: Westworld series 3 - yay!

Is this anything like the film "Westworld" with Yul Brynner? That was excellent.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Is this anything like the film "Westworld" with Yul Brynner? That was excellent.
Yes, it's based on that idea. There was a TV series based on the film in the 1980s? which wasn't very good, this new version is a lot better. There's some top Hollywood stars in it too. I've got series one and two on DVD because I haven't got the TV channel it's shown on.
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Based on the premise, yes. There are little nods to the film, such as seeing the original company logo in an old, underground, semi-abandoned storage facility. There's a glimpse of the Yul Brynner android in the background of another scene.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 08:25 AM

I usually love stuff like this but I never took to Westworld ...perhaps I'll give it another try.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 11:46 PM

I've just watched the first episode in series three, and joy oh joy, subtitles at last!! I spent the other two series, scratching my head, trying to work out what was going on, and struggling to hear the dialogue. The plot's still complicated, but easier now to follow. Evan Rachel Ward is as beautiful as ever, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Tachyon

23-03-2020, 08:55 PM

Sometimes my sons and I can't hear what is being said, so it's not just my old lugs. "Picard" sometimes gets a bit quiet in between he loud music and special effects.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top