Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 06:58 PM

Re: Shopping for someone in isolation

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Until they nail up our front doors and/or start painting red plague crosses on them - I will continue to be cautious, sensible and non panicked - and go out to the shops!
Great stuff Tabby, same here....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Of course you do May......

Take care and look after yourself May....
You too Dear Boy..and all the rest of the Old Farts Club too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by may ->
you too dear boy..and all the rest of the old farts club too.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
As I've said a couple of times, my DIL to-be, has an NHS card with permission to shop early.

Off they went to their local Tesco this morning by 9 a.m. but they couldn't even get in the car park. Queue upon queue and not a parking space in sight.
They eventually came away empty handed.
Shop on line and get it delivered. That's what we do. And have done for years - pre coronavirus.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 09:51 AM

I made my first online shopping list with Tesco two weeks ago, a wait of almost 3 weeks and I’ve been checking it regularly. Last night 14 of my items were out of stock with no substitutes, so hopefully that will leave me with just 5 items and an increased delivery charge. I don’t think I’ll bother with it anymore.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I made my first online shopping list with Tesco two weeks ago, a wait of almost 3 weeks and I’ve been checking it regularly. Last night 14 of my items were out of stock with no substitutes, so hopefully that will leave me with just 5 items and an increased delivery charge. I don’t think I’ll bother with it anymore.
Cancel it Mags the day before if its still the same.
In the meantime checkout another like Iceland.
Perhaps place an order with them if their delivery service is good in your area.
They may not be the grandest foods but at least around here they have a earlier delivery service and their priorities are all about the elderly and disabled so they have points in their favour over Tesco's

I also have the Tesco collection next Tuesday and there are a few not in stocks on it at present but I am hoping now we have Boris telling everyone to stay indoors we may actually see the goods start reappearing on the shelves.
After all the immigrants and the like will not be to happy that they could be pulled by the police and be asked for ID.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 05:05 PM

I’ve had online deliveries from Sainsbury’s for a couple of years but can’t get through to their new freephone number today to register as either elderly or disabled in the event they hadn’t got my personal details .
Instead an automated voice telling me to try later .
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 06:06 PM

Everyone who is self isolating should have access to a support helpline - these are people (like me! ) who have volunteered to help those who have been advised to stay indoors.

One of my neighbours phoned me last evening to say that her online shopping had arrived - finally - without quite a number of items and could I help out? I was at Lidl at 8 am and picked up a few bits and pieces for me and did bought everything my neighbour wanted too, then delivered it to her by 9 am.
Easy!

If you can't find the number for a helpline, phone Age UK.

Much much better you do that, than go out. The rate of cases & deaths is rising and the older you are the more at risk you are........not just to yourself but by passing the virus onto others!

Sorry to lecture......but get someone to help you do your shopping!!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 06:39 PM

Recieved our first ever home deliveryn from iceland yesterday!
And only three items short and dlivered on time! So happy so far!
Tried to register with tesco and morrisons once again but no
responce sonthey are obviously overhelmed at the moment?
The main problems are with paper products so perhaps some
wholesalers are playing games with those?
Iceland is the way to go for me!!
Donkeyman!

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top