Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:49 PM

Ready Steady Go

Just watching it .
The songs of the sixties.
Made me feel a bit sad I was so young then and now I’m old !
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:55 PM

Re: Ready Steady Go

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just watching it .
The songs of the sixties.
Made me feel a bit sad I was so young then and now I’m old !
Take comfort that you aren't alone in that. Have a bop and a singalong while you're watching
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 01:18 AM

Muddy, l recorded, Sounds Of The Sixties and watched Ready Steady Go. It’s so painful watching it and remembering those wonderful times and you can never go back.

I remember rushing home from college that was 20 miles away to be in time to see Ready Steady Go, hosted by the trendsetting Mod, Cathy McGowan.

I had a friend at college who was a bit of a tearaway and wayward. On a Friday, she would sneak out of college early, smiling, saying, ‘See you all later’!

You’d switch on the television for Ready Steady Go and there she was up the front near the stage dancing.
She used to hitchhike down to London on her own!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 07:07 AM

OMG

Its nearly 60 years ago.

And then the girls were good looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0eMxRveUk8&t=505s
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 08:26 AM

Such wonderful memories and I stlll remember the words!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
OMG

Its nearly 60 years ago.

And then the girls were good looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0eMxRveUk8&t=505s
Girls with their own eyebrows...wow
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Such wonderful memories and I stlll remember the words!
rhosyn, that’s what struck me too. I knew all the words, especially Sandie Shaw’s songs!
I have always loved the song ‘My Girl’ by Otis Reading and want it played at my funeral!

I didn’t realise how bad looking Mick Jagger was. He really did get whacked with the ugly stick!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 11:00 AM

What about Juke Box Jury, was it a hit or a miss? Even David Jacobs didn't know untikl the jury decikded
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:01 PM

I watched the program without much expectation, expecting to see the usual modern-day "talking heads" dominating the presentation, but I was delighted that original producer Vicki Wickham and the programme’s pioneering director, Michael Lindsay-Hogg appeared, along with credible guests like Eric Burdon, Donovan, Chris Farlowe, Anne Nightingale*, Melanie Coe, Chris Cowey, Georgie Fame, Mary Wilson, Martha Reeves, Paul Jones, Gerry Marsden and Jools Holland. Sadly, no Elkan Allan, head of Rediffusion TV, who died in 2006 or Cathy McGowan, now aged 76.

Some of the footage was new to me and I would have liked more but, as we learned, all the broadcasts were live and many of the original recordings were later wiped. Nevertheless, some "snippets" were delightfully illuminating, especially those in the "green room" ......

* Cathy McGowan beat Anne Nightingale to the job as presenter by answering "fashion" to a question from Elkan Allan as to whether sex, music or fashion was most important to teenagers.

Cathy was an early customer of Barbara Hulanicki and I recollect being forced, by a "waif" of a girlfriend, to visit the Biba shop in Kensington one Saturday in 1965, only to be pleasantly surprised by the number of "pop" stars doing the same thing with their girlfriends .....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:18 PM

The Who appeared on RSG 18 times ... more than any other act.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top