Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 01:27 PM

Re: The Failure of Government.

Originally Posted by sparky ->
Well, I lost my job after the firm I worked for asked me to work in London for 3 months and I refused, they employ all their staff through an agency, but now the agency is being arsey with me, not that they've any work now anyway so that's academic. I rang to see if I could claim anything and it's all universal credit now, apparently, because my wife works I can claim but would only get £6 a week!
What the hell is going on, she's not on a massive wage, if we could manage on one wage, it would be me working not her, but we can't, and we don't have a fantastic lifestyle. If I look at what someone like the young girl over the road is getting, she's far better off than us, she gets, her full rent paid, thats about £110 per week, her council tax paid, thats another £25 a week, she's a single parent so she gets about £80 a week dole money, plus child benefit, plus free medical, dental and optical, and she's never worked in her life!
How the hell is that fair? they've all got top tv packages, latest smart phones, etc. no wonder they don't want to work. My landrover is 15 years old and I bought that secondhand, and to be honest, if I didn't need a car for work we wouldn't have one.
I was talking to one girl and she said she'd no intention of getting a job, she had no skills and would need £300 a week take home if she was to work, and where was she going to get that with no skills.
I asked why she'd need so much and she told me that at the moment she's got the latest I phone, the full Sky package, free childcare,her rent and council task paid, plus a lot of other stuff, "I'd never afford my lifestyle on less than £300 a week she moaned.
Bloody hell, I left school and served a 5 year apprenticeship in electrical installation, not good money either as an apprentice, I have to pay for all my own tools, and do regular training to keep up with the changing rules. It really makes my blood boil, they've always had an excuse why they can't work, the last good one was when we had all the Eastern Europeans working here, "they're taking all the jobs" they'd moan. Well a lot of them have gone home now, and fruit picking season starts soon,now given the current situation we can't allow fresh produce to rot in the fields, so this is an ideal opportunity for those living near these farms to get a job, will they do it? I doubt it.
Plenty of farm jobs around this way now, those who have no work have no excuse the season could see them through the next few months.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/jobs?q=Farm&l=Ely
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Plenty of farm jobs around this way now, those who have no work have no excuse the season could see them through the next few months.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/jobs?q=Farm&l=Ely
Exactly, I've been in touch with a mate of mine and he's going to have me do some maintenance work on his farm, I've known him for years, there's not a lot, but as the advert says, 'every little helps'.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 08:48 PM

There's not a cat's chance in hell the likes of Sparky's neighbour will ever do fruit picking or farm work! They'd lose all their benefits and cushy lifestyle for a start not to mention being too ****ing lazy! And the trouble is, it's the likes of them working the system that give the genuine hardship cases trying to exist on benefits and who genuinely want to work a bad name
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
There's not a cat's chance in hell the likes of Sparky's neighbour will ever do fruit picking or farm work! They'd lose all their benefits and cushy lifestyle for a start not to mention being too ****ing lazy! And the trouble is, it's the likes of them working the system that give the genuine hardship cases trying to exist on benefits and who genuinely want to work a bad name

Well said !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:23 PM

Well said and true
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm still working and I think my contract will be OK.

So far this month I've managed to avoid a lot of tax because the VAT I would be paying has been deferred, so instead I might buy a new Mercedes ML with the VAT money to take advantage of huge discounts being offered. I can easily make up the shortfall in the savings I will make in corporation tax later in the year.

According to my accountant if I bought a VW Amarok new and declared it as a van not a car, I could write it down in 3 years through the business but I can't get my guitars in the pickup bit on the back so I'll have to get an ML or something like that instead.

Sounds like a windfall year for you Bread,LOL!
But some people do operate like that l know! Havent made a profit
for ten years some of them? Still l hope the chancellor has eased
your problems for you?
Good luck, Donkeyman! 🤘🤘
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:55 PM

My only criticism of the Government (for now) is the ridiculously low fines for being out without a good reason. £30? We get fined much more than that for staying in car park too long.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Theres some of them round here as well Glanny? They should be
put on forced labour, no work,no eat?
Mao tse tung knew something we dont?
Donkeyman! 😫😫😫
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by glanny ->
there's not a cat's chance in hell the likes of sparky's neighbour will ever do fruit picking or farm work! They'd lose all their benefits and cushy lifestyle for a start not to mention being too ****ing lazy! And the trouble is, it's the likes of them working the system that give the genuine hardship cases trying to exist on benefits and who genuinely want to work a bad name
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by donkeyman ->
theres some of them round here as well glanny? They should be
put on forced labour, no work,no eat?
Mao tse tung knew something we dont?
Donkeyman! 😫😫😫

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top