Join for free
Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Re: Local elections 2nd May - What's the plan?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well yes, I can understand that.

The real problem is, of course, that so many people just vote for the party their dad used to vote for. They haven't got the intelligence to think for themselves.

There are some places (no names) where a turnip wearing a red rosette would be voted in!

In the long term, if the country goes round the U-bend, it will ultimately be the fault of the voting population.
Half of them wouldn't turnip for the election!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Half of them wouldn't turnip for the election!

I have just, today, received my local authority postal voting paper and have completed it by drawing a line through all four boxes, along with the word 'NONE'.

My four candidates are: Labour, Limp Dems, Green and Conservative.

As there was no Brexit Party or UKIP candidate there is clearly no-one worthy of my vote.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I think that TessA means that by making a protest vote and not voting for anyone, there is more chance that actual votes will go to the two main parties, not that your protest vote will be allocated to one of them.
Yes! That's why voting for one of the others will send a better message. If you spoil your vote they'll just shrug and go, "oh well no one else got it".
The die-hard tory and labour voters will still vote.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think Mr Turnip is a candidate for my area.
We've got a Manglewurzel! Not Mr or Mrs just a real Manglewurzel
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 04:50 PM

Unfortunately, we haven't got any local elections in Shropshire until May 2021, so I can't take the opportunity to give vent to
my anger at the Tories.

I'm biding my time though.............
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 04:56 PM

I have just, today, received my local authority postal voting paper and have completed it by drawing a line through all four boxes, along with the word 'NONE'.

As there was no Brexit Party or UKIP candidate there is clearly no-one worthy of my vote.
Well done mate.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We've got a Manglewurzel! Not Mr or Mrs just a real Manglewurzel
Bloody foreigners.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 09:20 PM

There's a UKIP candidate appeared in our local election so he will be getting my vote.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
There's a UKIP candidate appeared in our local election so he will be getting my vote.
UKIP or, preferably, Brexit Party would be welcome where I live.

Mind you, to be honest there are a hell of a lot of Limp Dems living here. They're the ones who usually get in, anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-04-2019, 09:54 AM

UKIP or, preferably, Brexit Party would be welcome where I live.

Mind you, to be honest there are a hell of a lot of Limp Dems living here. They're the ones who usually get in, anyway.
They all seem to be Independents in my area. I suppose that means they can do bugger all and not get into trouble for it.

Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top