Join for free
Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:15 PM

Re: Local elections 2nd May - What's the plan?

Originally Posted by galty ->
I live in what is known as a Village in a London Borough.

We have for the last 20 years voted for local independents.

No Tory No Labour no Libs.

In fact at the last elections they were opposed by another group of Local Independents and also one UKIP.

The Tory Labour and Libs got very few votes even the lone UIKP had more.

Was close between the two Independent groups.

Start in your local area to form Independent local people with no strong ties to political parties for election.

Spoiling your voting paper is not the answer.
It is if there's no bugger worth supporting.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I probably won't bother to vote, but I may decide to spoil my paper as, if many others do the same, this will at least send a message to the authorities of how we feel about the pointlessness of actually voting if our votes are ignored.
When you think how many people died to give us our right to vote to me it's too important to throw that away. I do think spoiling a paper is a legitimate protest but just not voting is not just disrespecting them it's playing into the current establishments hands. If they can get away with it they'd like us all to stop voting and appoint their own people to the top jobs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When you think how many people died to give us our right to vote to me it's too important to throw that away. I do think spoiling a paper is a legitimate protest but just not voting is not just disrespecting them it's playing into the current establishments hands. If they can get away with it they'd like us all to stop voting and appoint their own people to the top jobs.
I do agree with you but really there needs to be people worth voting for. Our local councillor is apparently 'very good' and I suppose she is if you look at all the poncy stuff she does, you know, the nice things that everyone enjoys like cutting ribbons but where I live, we still have crime, we still have dogs' poo, we still have potholes and we still have speeding morons. Would we really notice if our local councillors were not there I wonder?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Exactly.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Doesn't matter, as long as it sends a message to the big two that you won't support them.
We can hardly not vote after all the complaints about youngsters being too lazy!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Had three people canvassing for the Labour Party at my door this afternoon. After I told them what I thought, I sent them away with a flea in their ear !!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:23 PM

I'll do what I usually do and vote.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Had three people canvassing for the Labour Party at my door this afternoon. After I told them what I thought, I sent them away with a flea in their ear !!!
Will you be voting Conservative?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Will you be voting Conservative?

He's desperate to vote Communist...

but there aren't any!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Originally Posted by JBR ->

He's desperate to vote Communist...

but there aren't any!
I'm sorry to say it, but I'd sooner vote for a communist than see the same useless shower get anywhere near the houses of parliament ever again....

Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top