Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 10:05 PM

Re: Describe yourself

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How's this for starters Minx....

Can you top my most adventurous thing?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	717B4370-E46F-4627-ABF8-D803EF425F71.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	14100  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Can you top my most adventurous thing?
I don't know if I could do that Minx..........Respect!...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 10:22 PM

I don't know if I could do that Minx..........Respect!...
It’s really quite simple, you take a deep breath and backflip into the air, gravity does the rest. You’ve given me an idea for a new thread - ‘what’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done’ thank you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 10:52 PM

I've never been a fast walker, and one bright Saturday morning I turned up to compete in a 53 mile run/walk called 'The Crosses'.....I had arranged to do the event with a couple of friends, the only problem was, they weren't runners.

I walked with them for ten miles but found their walking pace very fast and for me, uncomfortable. I left them at twenty miles and began to run. As darkness descended I lost the way and had to refer to map and compass, just about the same time as the heavens opened.

I struggled through tall wet grass up to my waist in the dark, and stumbled over waterlogged moors with cold wet feet, I eventually scaled a four foot barbed wire fence, that took my glove, and was spat out onto the road at the bottom of a steep hill......

I suddenly realised where I was, I also realised that I should have come out at the top of the hill.... I approached a pub and decided to call my wife (long before the days of mobile phones) To hear her voice might have given me fresh inspiration. As I entered the pub the chatter stopped and all eyes were suddenly on this swamp rat, muddy, and soaked to the skin in just shorts, running shoes and waterproof top....I asked the bartender if there was a phone on the premises I could use, he said there wasn't, so embarrassed and tired, I turned and left.....

It was another half an hour before I reached the checkpoint at the top of the hill, the rain had stopped and my friends were just about to leave "Grab a quick drink and we will wait for you" they said, but I knew in my heart that this was end, so I wished them well and took off my tally and handed it in....

I returned the following year and ran it solo, after recce it earlier in the year.
13 hours and tenth position was the outcome......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-11-2020, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
It’s really quite simple, you take a deep breath and backflip into the air, gravity does the rest. You’ve given me an idea for a new thread - ‘what’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done’ thank you.
Your welcome Minx, you'll get fed up with me....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

09-11-2020, 10:57 PM

I've never been a fast walker, and one bright Saturday morning I turned up to compete in a 53 mile run/walk called 'The Crosses'.....I had arranged to do the event with a couple of friends, the only problem was, they weren't runners.

I walked with them for ten miles but found their walking pace very fast and for me, uncomfortable. I left them at twenty miles and began to run. As darkness descended I lost the way and had to refer to map and compass, just about the same time as the heavens opened.

I struggled through tall wet grass up to my waist in the dark, and stumbled over waterlogged moors with cold wet feet, I eventually scaled a four foot barbed wire fence, that took my glove, and was spat out onto the road at the bottom of a steep hill......

I suddenly realised where I was, I also realised that I should have come out at the top of the hill.... I approached a pub and decided to call my wife (long before the days of mobile phones) To hear her voice might have given me fresh inspiration. As I entered the pub the chatter stopped and all eyes were suddenly on this swamp rat, muddy, and soaked to the skin in just shorts, running shoes and waterproof top....I asked the bartender if there was a phone on the premises I could use, he said there wasn't, so embarrassed and tired, I turned and left.....

It was another half an hour before I reached the checkpoint at the top of the hill, the rain had stopped and my friends were just about to leave "Grab a quick drink and we will wait for you" they said, but I knew in my heart that this was end, so I wished them well and took off my tally and handed it in....

I returned the following year and ran it solo, after recce it earlier in the year.
13 hours and tenth position was the outcome......
Oh my word, what a nightmare! That bartender was not very nice to you! In hindsight, you should have walked with the group. I agree though, it’s hard to keep a fast walking pace if you’re a runner-you just want to kick into a run- better rhythm
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

09-11-2020, 10:59 PM

Your welcome Minx, you'll get fed up with me....
Not at all sly fox. I’ve started the new thread, should be interesting
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well, tis true ... not many pigs can type.
Or smoke a fag...
Ally
New Member!
Ontario Canada
Ally is female 

13-11-2020, 12:34 PM

tenacious dramatic humble strong optomist
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-11-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ally ->
tenacious dramatic humble strong optomist
Sounds perfect to me....Just a pity we're both in relationships...

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top