Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:34 AM

on my bucket list

Having been to quite a few countries there is on I would dearly love to visit and that is Australia.
OK for the "sights" yes but mainly to see my cousin who I have not seen for more years,who lives in Sydney, than I care to remember but also some internet "friends" in Brisbane. The problem at the moment is covid and the restrictions on visiting.
the already booked Grand European river tour is a left over from last and looks as if it will be called off again this year.

Does ayone else have a "bucket list" they would like to fill?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:17 PM

Re: on my bucket list

Israel and The Northern lights are the only two things left. I have been to the Arctic circle but did not see the lights. I have no plans to travel to Australia.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Israel and The Northern lights are the only two things left. I have been to the Arctic circle but did not see the lights. I have no plans to travel to Australia.

Ooh yes, Dongle, I forgot that one, and I would love to see that. I bet it is mesmerizing and a bit spooky too.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:23 PM

Hands up here for the Northern Lights as well! I would also love to visit rural Japan, Bhutan and Peru. Also on my bucket list is a hot air balloon ride.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh yes, Dongle, I forgot that one, and I would love to see that. I bet it is mesmerizing and a bit spooky too.
I like spooky.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 01:21 PM

Problem is for me that I have more than one bucket full, and nowhere near enough years left...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-03-2021, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Problem is for me that I have more than one bucket full, and nowhere near enough years left...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 04:12 PM

I only have one real wish and that's to take a trip to St Kilda, but it's a long cold ride in an open wee boat, around 5 hours each way I think. But the place has mesmerised me since I was a wee girl, my dad's family knew people there and had visited when he was a youngster himself. He told me all about it and the way of life.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 08:55 AM

I agree with Barry! But deciding to get the dog has put the kybosh on trips, whether abroad or by coach in the UK, as I used to.

But setting aside that small problem for the moment, if I could, I’d love to do the Canadian Rockies, with a cruise to Alaska thrown in, and definitely the Northern Lights.

I have travelled extensively over the years, and seen more than enough that should satisfy me, but those two have always been forgotten in plans.

Oh, I did a Caribbean cruise end of 2003, and on the long sail from Madeira, 5 days, I had somehow caught a terrible cold and cough, which hit me by the first island. It completely spoilt my enjoyment, having made me so ill, so I’d love to do it again, revisiting the places on that cruise.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:52 AM

I think Canada and the Rocky Mountaineer would be near the top of my list too, but I would really love to go back to New Zealand given the chance, I didn't see anything like as much as I would have liked last time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top