Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Too pretty to eat!

Came across this website for some beautiful cakes...

http://www.artycakes.co.uk/index.htm

The flower basket ones are amazing! All the flowers and wicker are butter cream icing.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 02:26 PM

Re: Too pretty to eat!

You are right there, Sue...far too pretty to eat
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 03:15 PM

They are Wonderful....What a work must have gone into them. Your right....Far too Pretty to Eat lol.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 03:18 PM

Hmm, yummy. It wouldn't stop me. I love cake though I might just ponder it for a minute or two beforehand and decide which bit to attack first.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hmm, yummy. It wouldn't stop me. I love cake though I might just ponder it for a minute or two beforehand and decide which bit to attack first.
Sags has the right of it - there's nothing too pretty that cannot be consumed with delight.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 06:55 PM

I agree with some of you others, there has never been a cake made that is too pretty to eat, although I would probably have to discard most of the icing and marzipan (much too sweet) on my way into the main prize...
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 09:59 PM

Wow! What a work of art Don't think I'd want to spoil them really.....

I'm fibbing
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Wow! What a work of art Don't think I'd want to spoil them really.....

I'm fibbing
I thought you were on a diet Carmen darlin'???
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2012, 05:35 PM

They are really beautiful. Fortunately for me, I don't like butter cream. I find it far to sweet and sickly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2012, 06:17 PM

I am afraid some cakes are too pretty to eat

For many years I worked in a girls public school. One young lady was the niece of one of the worlds wealthiest men .

On the girl's birthday an enormous cake arrived exquisitely decorated, it took two men to carry it . All the house staff received a piece. I could have been eating sawdust It seems all the attention went into the decoration none into the main feature, the cake itself.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top