Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 12:22 PM

Re: 50 shades anyone??

Duh! I've been a bit slow here.

I've just checked at my library online.
They have all 3 books.... though 2 are out on loan (and doubtless already tatty and well thumbed)
I'll get an reserve them now!
Cost to me: Now only ... £1.50
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
mesco m ... I'm reading this with interest.

You keep reading and tapping out the review.
The Mills & Boons bit put me off ... can't stand all that slushy romantic stuff.... or worse, BIG arrogant HE-MAN treats WIMPISH woman like a doormat and she revels in it.
Ugh.
Still .. the titillating bits sound interesting .. though of course,(with my tongue firmly stuck in prudish cheek) ... I would naturally find unadulterated raunchy filth highly offensive.

The reason I'm asking is the shop up the road from me ... TheWorks ... is selling the trilogy in a boxed set for £17 and I would hate for them to sell out quicker than you can read and review the thing for me.
In that case, go for it girl.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 03:47 PM

I find the hype all rather entertaining, so don't need to read the books

But seriously, I'm amazed at the degree of interest in what is purported to be an appallingly written story with repetitive sexual scenarios. I think there has been some remarkably clever marketing going on here, but no, I won't be reading them.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
repetitive sexual scenarios.
It was that bit intrigued me.... though too much could get monotonous I suppose.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 03:55 PM

My sister in law, has all three and keeps going on about it, i have so far refrained from the temptation to buy the book

Now if se was to pass the books on i would have to give them a go i suppose .

Just about everyone is talking about the books even my kids and there friends.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

05-08-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm incredibly tempted myself but I'd feel a bit pervy wandering into the library asking for the book.

Do you suppose the staff there would look at me funny . I think I know how guys must feel surreptitiously reaching for the magazines on the top shelf.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 05:15 PM

I'm incredibly tempted myself but I'd feel a bit pervy wandering into the library asking for the book.

Do you suppose the staff there would look at me funny . I think I know how guys must feel surreptitiously reaching for the magazines on the top shelf.
The staff have properly all read the books and no doubt its on a waiting list but yes i can see what you mean i think i would feel the same.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 11:16 PM

I'm reading this on the PC as it was sent to me on a PDF file. Before anyone asks, no, that's not the reason why I've been away from the forum for a while

Incidentally, did anyone watch the programme about this subject on Channel 4Seven tonight? Was quite interesting to hear peoples' different views and, that the sales of whips, etc. etc. have rocketed

Personally, I think I'll stick with my feather duster
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

05-08-2012, 11:18 PM

I've never used a feather duster except for dusting ... though it does sound worth researching.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 11:22 PM

I've never used a feather duster except for dusting ... though it does sound worth researching.
Actually, neither have I however.............

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top