Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 01:49 AM

Re: Is this the oldest photo?

A small world indeed! Hope moetmom sees this, hasn't been active for a while ......
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 05:56 PM

Thats coincidentally spooky!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by ericn ->
Hi Moetmum. This is my first time on this site and what a surprise.The girl on the left is my g/grandmother who married Wm Thomas and came to live in Co Armagh.I have some Houguez history if you are interested. E.
Hi Ericn that is interesting, what a surprise for you. I guess Moetmum is your cousin. I hope she see your post .
ericn
New Member!
co armagh
ericn is male 

01-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Thnk you Meg.We share a g/g/grandmother but different g/grandmothers. The two little girls in the photo are our g/grandmothers.I really hope moetsmum see this post.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2011, 07:14 AM

Hello Ericn, we must indeed be related. I visited Alderney with my mother a few years back and visited Peggy Wilson (local historian) who gave me the family tree back to 1500's, she also gave me the Audoire family tree (our great aunt married into the family) so I have been able to fill in some of the gaps. I had planned to visit Guernsey to research further but ended up having a litter so it got put on hold!

If you keep posting on this forum we would be able to exchange messages, it would be interesting to see if we can help each other with information.

Thanks to Meg who alerted me to your post.
ericn
New Member!
co armagh
ericn is male 

04-08-2011, 09:12 PM

Hi Moetsmum
What a fantastic surprise to see that photo. We are related although it goes a long way back.Were those little girls born on The Casquets? I haveLucas retired from the lighthouse in 1851 and living at St Annes. I wonder if i am a generation out.
29 Pearls
New Member!
Australia
29 Pearls is female 

11-08-2011, 02:25 AM

Hi ericn & moetsmum. I'm another decendant of the Houguez family
My line goes:

Emily Clarence Houguez (1859 - 1929)
is your 2nd great grandmother

Hannah Elizabeth Hunneybell (1888 - 1952)
Daughter of Emily Clarence

Ernest Leonard G Claridge (1923 - 1971)
Son of Hannah Elizabeth

Ernest is my grandfather.

I hope you dont mind but I've added the pics of Emily and Job to my family tree. They certainly are precious family treasures. I'd love to find out any more information about the Houguez during their time on Les Casquettes and Job's history (I understand he was in India and travelled a fair bit). My dad doesn't know a great deal about his side of the family, his father Ernest passed away when he was quite young so nothing of the family history was passed on.

Look forward to hearing back from you.
wharnie
New Member!
United Kingdom
wharnie is male 

18-04-2014, 09:22 AM

Hi
Great pic.
I am an Audoire descendent living in Sheffield due to him!
I have some pics that may be of interest
thanks
Wharnie
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2014, 11:03 AM

Looks like you've posted on an old thread.

I love old photos, here is one of five generations of daughters.

There is a Genealogy thread somewhere on here as there are several members into family history.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Looks like you've posted on an old thread.

I love old photos, here is one of five generations of daughters.

There is a Genealogy thread somewhere on here as there are several members into family history.
The Genealogy thread can be found here:

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ight=geneology

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top