Join for free
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 02:58 AM

How to post pics

There are two ways to post pics, you can either upload them directly to your profile album, or upload them directly to a thread using the 'Manage Attachments' option which is shown when you post a new thread (under the text input box).

Manage Attachements > Choose File > Upload > Close this window > Submit Thread

Any problems just let us know

/////////////////

Alternatively, you can upload them to a free host (just follow the instructions below).

See if this vid helps first, if not follow the text below:

Simply sign up a free account on a picture host such as www.photobucket.com or www.picfolio.com or www.imageshack.us or Flickr or any other picture host

- First upload pics directly to the picture host - then either copy the [IMG] tag for the image you want to post (if they provide one)

or

- Right click on the image you want to post, copy the image URL (you may need to go to 'properties' first), then come back here and paste the url inside [IMG] tags directly into your post, like this:

[IMG]http://www.yophotographer.com/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=63[/IMG]

Which would show the image like so:

Any problems, just start a new thread in the Forum Support section
sjbo659
Alaska
sjbo659 is male  sjbo659 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2009, 09:10 PM

Re: How to post pics

http://s893.photobucket.com/albums/a...ssorted030.jpg
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2009, 11:25 PM

Almost... now see the bit on the left where it says IMG CODE? Just click on that (and it will be copied) and then come back to a post and hold down the CTRL and V keys, which will give you something like this:

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/sjbo659/Assorted030.jpg[/IMG]

Which gives you:

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

27-06-2010, 01:32 PM

You can upload to your photo album here on Over50sforum too Alf - just go to your profile and look on the right hand side.. there should be a link http://www.over50sforum.com/member.php?u=344
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2011, 10:25 AM

Hi Odie, Try this instead if you are still struggling:

I used to struggle to load photos as, like yourself, I was used to just browsing my computer for an image. I have no idea why this forum upload is so complex!

I now load pictures to my album, and then bring them from there into a post. It will depend on your browser though how you copy the image url ready for pasting into a post.....

Go to your album and click on the picture you want, to bring up the full size image.
Right click on the image and choose "image properties" (if using IE) or "copy image url" (if using chrome)
If you have chosen "image properties" then scroll over the image url, right click and copy.
You can then go to your post.
When you wish to insert your image into the post then click on the picture icon at the top of the text box and it will ask you to insert your image url. Delete the http:// already in the box and then right click and paste in your picture url .
Press OK.
Now preview post to check the picture is there.
This sounds convoluted but after a couple of times it does get easier....Good Luck..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Please can you tell me how to get photo's out of my profile and into a post?
Ages ago alan told me how to do this, by copy & paste, but it keeps asking for the URL of my photo and I don't know what that means. all my photo says is it's a J.Peg, nothing about any URL?
I can click 'Copy' and then go to the post I want to insert the picture, but when I right click the 'Paste' is greyed out so I can't go any further.
There isn't a problem getting pics into my albums, its getting them out again that is the problem! Thanks very much folk.s
Hi Mups the easiest way I find is:

Right click on the photo...
>
Click on "Copy Image Location" in the drop down box...
>
Return to your reply box and click on this symbol at the top of the box
A box will open, click in the box then copy and paste your photo URL (which was saved when you copied the image location ..... then click ok.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 07:57 AM

This is my problem too. I can just about ménage to get them into an album but can't transfer them to a post.
Meg, I see what you say about looking for "image properties" if using IE, but I don't seem to have that option. There are a whole list (17 options) when I right click on the picture, but neither "image properties" nor "copy image URL" nor "copy image location" are among them.
Would it be the way my computer is set up?

Also, is there a way I can upload them straight from my computer pictures without having to go through the palaver of transferring them to an album first? Thanks.
Go to your album, click on the thumbnail of the photo you wish to use.

When it opens, right click on it and copy the blue highlighted text.

Start your thread, type any text you want, then position your cursor where you want your image to appear.

Then go to the square yellow blue icon, click on this and paste the info you copied into the box then ok and you should have posted your image.

There may be other ways, Azz has stated that he is working to be able to allow images posted direct from your PC / Laptop, as yet this is not available.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 09:11 AM

This is my problem too. I can just about ménage to get them into an album but can't transfer them to a post.
Meg, I see what you say about looking for "image properties" if using IE, but I don't seem to have that option. There are a whole list (17 options) when I right click on the picture, but neither "image properties" nor "copy image URL" nor "copy image location" are among them.
Would it be the way my computer is set up?
Hi Mups I don't use IE but have been in there just to check for you.
You need to choose a picture from your album, right click on it and from the list of options select 'copy image' and the picture address should be saved for you to copy.
Now go to the post in which you wish to insert the image and from the menu above the post select this little box

...delete anything already in the box and insert the text from 'copy image' and the picture should appear in the post.

Also, is there a way I can upload them straight from my computer pictures without having to go through the palaver of transferring them to an album first? Thanks.
Yes you can do this by using a host site like Photobucket
information here,,
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?p=30#post30
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

04-02-2015, 07:36 AM

Meg
How do I post a picture from my own computer which I have taken in the last two days, This forum will only let me post pictures in my profile.I dont have a http : for my photo album. I find this forum very limiting. I have some great stuff to share with you without ever googling anything again.
drop us a line if you can because I cannot message you.
bob.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 08:40 AM

Bob, you need an account like Photobucket or Flickr. Load your photos there and they can be mabe available to anywhere else eg. this forum.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top