Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:16 AM

Re: Newbie but not to Gardening

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Beautiful garden Diane and I love this thread. Great to see a garden abroad too. Really interested in the name of the fabulous flowering plant in your first photo in post #11

Acanthus Spinous - I was looking at this earlier as thinking of expanding and planting out a border which is in partial shade. I thought at first that your mallows were anemones. They look very similar but don't like shade like anemones. Very pretty.

Also love your waterlilies. What do you feed the fish?
The Acanthus can be classed as a thug..keep it smallish to your size allocated for it..they die back during the winter and sprout out again,,all fresh and exciting as waiting for the stems to shoot up and produce there not so usual blooms.. will come back and finish answering only my Boss has given me orders,,,,laters
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:26 PM

No.11 post is a climbing/trailing Rose @AnnieS I cannot remember planting this type, but also cannot remember what was in this area exactly before. A couple of non distinct trees were removed, then started on the pond and paving, had not made any plans, just made it up as we went along..Cleared loads and loads of Brambles, many hours of repetition with the long farm type grasses, weeds of course in abundance. It is still a work in progress like most Gardens.....Main thing now is we enjoy it a lot.
The Mallow is in the shade too much,so reckon that is why the flowers are so small...
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

20-07-2021, 05:02 PM

Just taken a few photos, some seem to get too much sun on them...a few close shots not fit to show as slightly fuzzy..

Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 05:09 PM

Gardens looking great Di.
Strawberry plants look strong. Are they eating grapes or for wine?
Some Plants in my garden aren’t doing very well think the weather in early spring has stunted them.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

20-07-2021, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chillie6 ->
Gardens looking great Di.
Strawberry plants look strong. Are they eating grapes or for wine?

Some Plants in my garden aren’t doing very well think the weather in early spring has stunted them.
That grape vine says Eating so hoping it taste better than the other two we have. Henryetta the chicken she eats the Vin ones and the taste is ok but gritty...

I have lost a quite a lot of plants, normally they thrive Chilie6 and the Petunia's in one of the Photos were purchased recently..other's are fighting to live..it is a shame but shows you how the Climate alters the growth so much..

Today I was gardening at 6.30 am, my time, otherwise the short bursts during the day is all we can do.and it is not enough to keep the Garden as we wish...

Strawberry plants where really small and new this spring, so pleased they have grown really well.
Had fruit off them already and unexpected so young. they are sprouting out babies already as well...
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
That grape vine says Eating so hoping it taste better than the other two we have. Henryetta the chicken she eats the Vin ones and the taste is ok but gritty...

I have lost a quite a lot of plants, normally they thrive Chilie6 and the Petunia's in one of the Photos were purchased recently..other's are fighting to live..it is a shame but shows you how the Climate alters the growth so much..

Today I was gardening at 6.30 am, my time, otherwise the short bursts during the day is all we can do.and it is not enough to keep the Garden as we wish...
Hope you get a good crop and they taste good.
So you’ve bought some new plants recently, I haven’t bought any for a while now.
Agree with you re the climate where we had the cold spring plant growth was reduced. Hopefully they may pick up.
Yes short bursts is the way forward in this warm weather.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top