Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:21 AM

Emotional Eating or Not?

Everybody has heard the phrase "comfort food", which is the go to food you eat when you are sad or stressed. I must be an oddity, because if I feel down or fed up, I tend to go right off eating anything altogether! I must admit to drinking more coffee though, which isn't great..... Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has a favourite comfort food that they reach for on a down day? Or do you feel like not eating at all?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:58 AM

Re: Emotional Eating or Not?

I’m a huge comfort eater. When we sold our house and moved, I gained a huge amount of weight. For myself, it’s more of a ‘stress relief’ thing. For a while I was hooked on donuts. If someone close to me died, I probably would go off of food for a while.

At the moment, I’m working on losing all this excess weight , AGAIN. I’d thrown out all my chunky clothes since I ‘d promised myself I would never be that weight again, yet here I am and it’s a disappointment for sure.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’m a huge comfort eater. When we sold our house and moved, I gained a huge amount of weight. For myself, it’s more of a ‘stress relief’ thing. For a while I was hooked on donuts. If someone close to me died, I probably would go off of food for a while.

At the moment, I’m working on losing all this excess weight , AGAIN. I’d thrown out all my chunky clothes since I ‘d promised myself I would never be that weight again, yet here I am and it’s a disappointment for sure.
Aww, try not to be too hard on yourself. Baby steps and lots of water/juice. Swimming - as you have mentioned, is clearly working well for you too. You'll get there
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Everybody has heard the phrase "comfort food", which is the go to food you eat when you are sad or stressed. I must be an oddity, because if I feel down or fed up, I tend to go right off eating anything altogether! I must admit to drinking more coffee though, which isn't great..... Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has a favourite comfort food that they reach for on a down day? Or do you feel like not eating at all?
Big bowl of freshly cooked chips - with lots of grated cheddar cheese on top! Not healthy - but delicious.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-06-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Big bowl of freshly cooked chips - with lots of grated cheddar cheese on top! Not healthy - but delicious.
I had dorito's with grated cheese on them, last night for a snack. Melted the cheese in the microwave for half a minute, very yummy! First time in ages, and yes, not really healthy, but that's comfort food for you...nobody reaches for a carrot when they are fed up, heh!
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

26-06-2021, 11:53 AM

I go either way. Once I got so stressed I didn't eat at all, but it was a time when I had a huge shift in my life. I wasn't myself for years, but didn't realize at the time. I did some crazy things online, because I pushed everyone in my life who actually knew me away.

I finally realized at my grand old age, that probably wasn't a great thing to do.

I lost so much weight it was embarrassing. When size 6 clothes (uk) are hanging off you...you know. Now I'm such a glutton I'm overweight for my frame.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 12:06 PM

I am a comfort cook. If i feel stresse or down i cook. That helps. Eating i can take or leave at the best of times.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-06-2021, 12:08 PM

Interesting to get a guys point of view, Keezoy. I often wonder if men do the comfort eating like women do. Do you cook anything specific, like a special dish, or just anything at all?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-06-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup ->
I go either way. Once I got so stressed I didn't eat at all, but it was a time when I had a huge shift in my life. I wasn't myself for years, but didn't realize at the time. I did some crazy things online, because I pushed everyone in my life who actually knew me away.

I finally realized at my grand old age, that probably wasn't a great thing to do.

I lost so much weight it was embarrassing. When size 6 clothes (uk) are hanging off you...you know. Now I'm such a glutton I'm overweight for my frame.
Teacup, its very easy to go off track when under such stress, and either eating too much, or too little is just a way of dealing with it. I hope things are more settled with you now.
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

26-06-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Teacup, its very easy to go off track when under such stress, and either eating too much, or too little is just a way of dealing with it. I hope things are more settled with you now.
Yes they are! I'm a bit antisocial at the best of times, but learned there are people who care, but probably are a bit like me too. I like being alone, but sometimes it's great to just have a laugh with others!

The few people I speak to are so cool. I sometimes wonder why they bother with me. I do some rather off beat things sometimes. Like last night because I decided I wasn't going to call, sent a video of me like a big kid yesterday, but they said it was cool.

Some friends you treasure because everything is ok with them even when feeling awkward.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top