Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 10:16 PM

Re: Me, me, me.

I will usually listen to someone, but it does depend who it is, and how long they go on for.

Sometimes a person needs to unload, and a stranger can be easier to talk to than someone emotionally involved, like family.

If it gets uncomfortable, you can always look at your watch and say - "Sorry, I have to be somewhere" and leave.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes that's the thing....as soon as they have your attention, its like a free pass to explode their life all over you.
What a brilliant way of putting it; I'm going to write that down.

A million and one reasons now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I will usually listen to someone, but it does depend who it is, and how long they go on for.

Sometimes a person needs to unload, and a stranger can be easier to talk to than someone emotionally involved, like family.

If it gets uncomfortable, you can always look at your watch and say - "Sorry, I have to be somewhere" and leave.
Quite

Me me me

Never though of that before, Not.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 10:21 PM

I'm not assertive enough, Mups, I just put up with it and seethe about it afterwards.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 10:28 PM

I agree with your points - you seem to be good at that.
Yes, sometimes people need to unload. My dear wife is good at helping with that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I agree with your points - you seem to be good at that.
Yes, sometimes people need to unload. My dear wife is good at helping with that.

Thank you Besoeker.
Unless you are truly in a rush, it shouldn't be too hard to spare just a few minutes for someone.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
In the six years that I’ve been in my flat, I have spoken no more than a few words to my neighbour who lives upstairs. In the last two weeks, however, I have had two proper conversations with him. The first was when he came and asked if I had a bike pump he could borrow, and the second was when he just happened to be passing, and I just happened to be outside.

He knows the local area better than I do, and as I recently bought a bike, I am keen to learn about all the paths and off road tracks in the locality, so that is what I tried to talk to him about. All he seemed to want to talk about was the medication he was on for his mental problems and his previous suicide attempts. I will probably try to avoid him in future if all he wants to do is talk about himself.

Perhaps you could suggest some more effective methods of suicide to him.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

25-07-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Perhaps you could suggest some more effective methods of suicide to him.
I'm not qualified to give that sort of advice, Psmith, he needs to speak to an expert. Besides, I don't want him coming complaining if my suggestions don't work.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:10 PM

I usually get random strangers in the street who tell me their life story but don’t let me butt in at any time!

I don’t mind if l have time but the worst was the woman stranger who was passing me whilst l was standing at a bus stop. Not satisfied with talking to me for the 10 minutes or so until my bus came, she decided to get on the bus with me for the 50 minute journey.
She never stopped and l was too polite to say, ‘Shut up, you’re boring and l don’t know these people you’re yapping on about’!

We got to my destination, she got off the bus, walked across the road and got on a bus back to where she’d come from!!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

25-07-2021, 11:20 PM

Can you all stop talking about this now please because I'm bored with it and I need to get to bed!

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top