Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 01:43 PM

Re: Time Keeping.

I always anticipate some disaster happening on the way to an appointment so am always early and take something to read.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 02:07 PM

I loathe it when people are habitually late. I have dropped friendships for it. It shows utter lack of respect.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 02:41 PM

I quite agree Tachyon. I think it's selfish, it implies that their time is more important than yours. There's no excuse unless it's a real emergency in which case, ring and let me know. People who are consistently late for anything social - I'd ditch them.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 05:25 PM

Punctuality has always been a trait of mine from my earliest recollection. Even now that I am retired, I am never late and always at least 10 minute early if not more.

It was drummed into me at school and as a boarder, there was no escaping the discipline that school instilled into me. Although I thought it was harsh at the time, many things I was taught at school have stayed with all my life through and for that I'm eternally grateful 👍
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
How many of you still wear watches?
I do when I leave the house - otherwise I don't.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
How many of you still wear watches?

Stopped wearing mine over a decade ago and relied on school clocks at work and my phone for the rest of the time (no pun intended).
I don't wear a watch anymore. I just use my phone. Shame really - its a nice watch, but I'm out of the habit now.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 06:07 PM

After a strict but fair upbringing, which taught me to always be prompt and on time, I am usually early for any appointments as I leave well on time to arrive with plenty of time to spare.

This was also useful as an apprentice, if one minute late to clock-in the door was locked, you waited outside in whatever inclement weather there was and were allowed in on the next hour, also one hour's pay was stopped. That would have been a hard way to learn and something never to be forgotten, however, I was never late!

One exception to being on time though, that is the old saying connected with driving, in particular speeding – better to arrive late than dead on time!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I do when I leave the house - otherwise I don't.
Same here. My watch is more than just a timepiece, and being able to read text messages on it or see who is calling when my phone rings is very useful to me. I don't have to faff about digging my phone out of my pocket or backpack.

It also acts as a display for GPS and keeps track of calories burnt when I'm walking for exercise. It monitors my heart rate too.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:29 PM

Down here, in Berkshire, I find that I have to allow a full hour to get to the Golf Club.

It's only, about, 5 miles, but when School runs are back on, Road Works are being done, some traffic incidents, you have to allow plenty.

On a good day I arrive in 10-15 minutes.

On a bad day, over an hour.

We used to race snails, across the main road, where I was bought up in Yorkshire, and many of the snails would get across unscathed.

Not here!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:58 PM

I was terrible at timekeeping when I was at school but that was a very long time ago. Business and flight times fixed that. Now, I actually have very good timekeeping.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top