Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 05:04 PM

Anthony has died

Over the past week or so I've been posting my Christmas cards, including one to my friend Anthony
Well, I've just received a reply telling me that he died only a few days ago, in early December

Sad, yes, but it doesn't really affect anyone else on this forum

What is of note, though, is that although I have relatives and other friends that I keep in touch with by phone calls & emails, and I get letters from the bank and so on, I now have only two friends who write proper pen & paper letters.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Re: Anthony has died

Sad to hear Geoff and as you rightly say letter writing is dwindling now
People use the Email system I guess
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
..... I now have only two friends who write proper pen & paper letters.
Oh, the dreaded long-hand! I gave it up years ago. I've developed my own long/print style. Now it's only my signature that's written long-hand.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 05:14 PM

Very sad to hear that, Zuludog.
I also have lost pen pals this year. I have pen pals all over the World, most I have been writing to from an early age, which is sadly why they are getting less every year. Only 14 left now.
If you want/need another pen pal, I'm available.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
What is of note, though, is that although I have relatives and other friends that I keep in touch with by phone calls & emails, and I get letters from the bank and so on, I now have only two friends who write proper pen & paper letters.
I haven't had a pen & paper letter from anyone that I knew for at least 10 years mate.

It's sad Yes, but it's life, (or is it death?) stevmk2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 08:00 PM

It’s always sad to lose a friend Geoff and I’m sorry to hear of your loss.
Pity to see the old handwriting is on the way out, but that’s the way it goes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It’s always sad to lose a friend Geoff and I’m sorry to hear of your loss.
Pity to see the old handwriting is on the way out, but that’s the way it goes.
On the positive side, does that mean that the writing can no longer be on the wall

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top