Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 05:15 PM

Ford Fusion?

When I retired I had to give up my car, but now I've scraped enough pennies together to buy something cheapish, say £2,000 maximum

A Ford Fiesta is my favourite choice so far, but I've also wondered about a Ford Fusion
Anyone know much about them?

Tanks, zuludog
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 05:41 PM

Re: Ford Fusion?

Dunno about one of them? What I fancy is a great big classy Rover 75 tourer diesel auto. Great on fuel and you can pick em up for next to nothing ...

Hijacked the thread now .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 05:55 PM

Lots of owner's reviews can be found here ...

Ford Fusion (02-12) – Owners' Reviews
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/review...n/estate-2002/

No nonsense appraisals by owners are always worth reading I find.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 06:26 PM

Thanks MKJ

I've read a few reviews and the Fusion doesn't seem that wonderful, so it looks like a Fiesta, at least there are more to choose from. I've had a couple of Fiestas before, and been happy enough with them

I have also had a Daihatsu Charade. Reasonable enough car, but the spares were very expensive

For me, the Rover is too big.

But to hijack or expand my own thread, all I want is a smallish hatchback, 3 or 5 door; petrol; manual. There will only be me in it. Still £2,000 max
Any other suggestions? Thanks
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

08-01-2016, 06:33 PM

I've heard the Renault Megane diesels are supposedly good buys. Low running costs as they are economical and low tax etc. Plenty of 2nd hand ones about too.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 07:14 PM

Have you considered a Toyota yaris? I'm sure you can find one in your price range, have a look on autotrader or motors and get some idea as to what's around , if you find a particular model of car try looking on the forums ( there's sure to be one ) you can ask on there about any problems and advice
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 07:16 PM

Ive driven a fusion a couple of times...Whats to say its a basic ford goes where you point it.. I did like the loading height of the hatch/boot.
Min point for the seats which I found hard and uncomfortable.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 08:00 PM

For a runabout we bought a Suzuki SX4 it's turned out to be an economical reliable, vehicle I would recommend one to anyone.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 09:44 PM

Fiat Punto. Was sorry to have to swap for the disability converted Renaut Kangoo that I have now.
The fiat was a 5 door auto and would get 50+ mpg.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 10:30 PM

Sorry no expert on cars but I have a VWFox & it is a super little car. It is economical and does everything I ask of it. They stopped building this model a few years ago but there are quite a few on the market in your price range. I will consider another car when this starts to cost me money. It is currently 7.5 years old and I has only cost for service & latterly MoT. Mine is a 3 door & plenty of space inside. Only thing which annoys me is I pay £120 road tax when some cars are much lower. Still, wouldn't change it for that reason alone.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top