Join for free
Page 11 of 19 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 01:52 PM

Re: Could the eu implode ?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am so happy I decided to leave the Brexit threads.
I know how you feel ... we just can't get rid of the EU can we .. it's like a bit of dog dirt stuck to our heels.
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
With another couple of years of migrants filling Italian beaches, endogan hopefully throwing his toys out the pram and no doubt lots of more banking crisis and daily strife hitting Europe then hopefully maybe just maybe if we all promise to be good and sleep with fingers crossed then santa may just bring us a closed sign for next Christmas

Could the European Union fall apart? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38212049

It has been a dreadful year for the European Union. It has just got a lot worse. Next year could transform a looming existential threat into a terminal reality. The end of a joint 60-year project to transform the politics of an entire continent is now a distinct possibility.
Some would greet the prospect with glee, others with horror. But few have thought through what it would mean if the pillars came crashing down.
The Italian vote means, as here, a populist, anti-establishment surge has defenestrated a prime minister.
There, as here, a new prime minister may be anointed without the bother of a general election. There, unlike here, that would probably further stoke the fires of popular discontent.
Either way, sooner or later (which means in 2018) the main opposition, the Five Star movement, could be elected promising a referendum on membership of the euro, if not the European Union itself.
The EU was hardly in a self-confident, ebullient mood in the first place. The continent's economy still stutters. The euro crisis returns with the wearing familiarity of a pantomime villain.
Members question its other great project, the common borderless area, in the light of the migrant crisis. Now this, the second EU straw in a populist gale that will blow throughout next year.
And Italy was the birthplace of the union, where the Treaty of Rome was signed in 1957.

I don't think it will implode but it is going through some sort of crisis. Hopefully they will apply themselves to change things and solve some problems but to me the major problem of the E.U is that it went from a very strong, powerful and convincing block into an unstable one and the reason is imo that they should never have let so many join so soon.

An E.U with just a dozen of countries with the strongest economies would have been much better, memberships of other countries should have been postponed until they reach a certain point economically speaking.

Besides culturally it makes it very difficult to find a consensus when you have so many different cultures and economics involved in such a short time.

The E.U is necessary to counterbalance the great world powers.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Retooling?
You mean we may have to work in the metric system?
You may not.

The current dynamic generation does already.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by mei ->
I don't think it will implode but it is going through some sort of crisis. Hopefully they will apply themselves to change things and solve some problems but to me the major problem of the E.U is that it went from a very strong, powerful and convincing block into an unstable one and the reason is imo that they should never have let so many join so soon.

An E.U with just a dozen of countries with the strongest economies would have been much better, memberships of other countries should have been postponed until they reach a certain point economically speaking.

Besides culturally it makes it very difficult to find a consensus when you have so many different cultures and economics involved in such a short time.

The E.U is necessary to counterbalance the great world powers.

The eu as a trading block in 73 was fine .... we were all more or less as rich/poor as our neighbours .... but the eu tried empire building without any mandate whatsoever ..... sneakily it grew .... then in 89 the wall came down and suddenley a whole new nest of poorer nations wanted to join and the eu wanted a power grab .... remember the eu elite are all old failed 'has beens' thrown out by their electorates .....when here in the eu they got a new lease of ££££££ and power ..... the trouble is they are clueless in reacting to anything other than sailing in calm waters
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
You may not.

You really have no clue about manufacturing. Or irony.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
You may not.

Bit worried about my golf clubs.

I think I might have to change them from Metric?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 08:36 PM

There is this presumption by some people that the UK would still be living in the Dark Ages if it wasn't for joining the the EU.
Total poppycock.

Did the EU organise The National Health Service?

Did the plan and build The Motorways. Did they build Concord
Great Britain would have modernised and and made life better for all in all aspects

Why do thousands of Foreign Students choose to be educated in UK Universities at great cost?
In fact their Government is quite happy to foot the bill

Communist China can't wait to send them here, and does the sensible thing. When the Students go home they must work for two years for the Government to repay the cost.

'Very Clever the Chinese'

We will do very well without the petty fogging rules of the EU.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Bit worried about my golf clubs.

I think I might have to change them from Metric?
Does leaving mean we will be able to buy and eat bent bananas? These questions like your golf clubs question needs to be addressed right now. I would write my MP but I believe he is still tied up in his wardrobe (bought on his expenses) with an orange up his arse.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Does leaving mean we will be able to buy and eat bent bananas? These questions like your golf clubs question needs to be addressed right now. I would write my MP but I believe he is still tied up in his wardrobe (bought on his expenses) with an orange up his arse.
Well ,he is well and truly stuffed then, Isn't he.

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 09:44 PM

He is bloody stuffing the electorate, but it is Christmas

Page 11 of 19 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top