Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:18 AM

Re: ECCO Shoes

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Does anyone wear ECCO shoes?

I had a couple of pairs a few years ago, and I liked them - very comfortable, and modern design

But on both pairs the soles wore out very quickly
I see from Internet reviews that this is a common problem with them

Does anyone know if they are any better now?
Never heard of them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:48 AM

They're very nice looking shoes, I can't seem to fit into them, one size is too small the next too big, same with Earth Spirit, which I love.
I tend to buy Pavers, comfy, fit nicely and affordable, they last well too!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:50 AM

I wear sketchers too Floydy when they get dirty I wash them in the washing machine they come out like new.

Never had ecco shoes I like Hotter though and I've had a few pairs from Next recently and boots from there too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:57 AM

I wear Hotter shoes and nothing else now, they are so comfortable. My feet are large and wide for a little person (size 8 EXF )
Hotter had a big problem with disintegrating soles denied by the company. I tried to send a pair back that was a couple of years old but because I didn't have the original purchase details they were not interested.

Some of mine are purchased on Ebay 'unworn in the original box'.
The last pairs have been ok, I think the soles have been changed.

A couple of years ago I visited the optician and noted someone had carried dirt all over their lovely carpet . When I got home and removed my boots which had been worn for the first time that winter I was horrified to notice the soles had literally crumbled away and the 'dirt on the carpet' had beem mine

I used to wear Ecco shoes years ago and the soles on those particular shoes were ok, I still have a pair and they are about 15 yeras old.

Both Hotter and Ecco had some designs with similar soles that looked like a sponge, they were the faulty ones.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:02 AM

I wear Damart slip on shoes, size 8 EE, for outdoor wear, and Crocs indoors.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:19 AM

I quite like Rieker Shoes as they are more modern looking yet still very very comfortable
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:29 AM

When l was in my forties, an old lady l knew gave me a pair of Ecco shoes. They were brand new but she didn’t like them. I used to wear them for taking my dogs for a walk, as were very comfortable.
Ecco were always a fairly expensive brand but worth it.

About eighteen months ago, when my brother in law’s aunt died, he brought me three pairs of Hotter sandals, brand new in boxes. He said it was a shame to dump them!
They aren’t really my type of shoe but they are so, so comfy and l wear them around the house and garden!

I sound like a real secondhand hand Rose!
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Does anyone wear ECCO shoes?

I had a couple of pairs a few years ago, and I liked them - very comfortable, and modern design

But on both pairs the soles wore out very quickly
I see from Internet reviews that this is a common problem with them

Does anyone know if they are any better now?
the new ecco shoe I am developing and I will call it barefoot and it will save the earth as nothing is needed and the earth will not suffer in its making.

you can order a pair exclusively from me here after payment of £999 and that's cheaper when they reach shops as will get up to £1500 hopefully but still in talks.

working on a poem to promote echo shoe from me. will keep you all posted but I think this time next year I will be a millionaire.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wear Hotter shoes and nothing else now, they are so comfortable. My feet are large and wide for a little person (size 8 EXF )
Hotter had a big problem with disintegrating soles denied by the company. I tried to send a pair back that was a couple of years old but because I didn't have the original purchase details they were not interested.

Some of mine are purchased on Ebay 'unworn in the original box'.
The last pairs have been ok, I think the soles have been changed.

A couple of years ago I visited the optician and noted someone had carried dirt all over their lovely carpet . When I got home and removed my boots which had been worn for the first time that winter I was horrified to notice the soles had literally crumbled away and the 'dirt on the carpet' had beem mine

I used to wear Ecco shoes years ago and the soles on those particular shoes were ok, I still have a pair and they are about 15 yeras old.

Both Hotter and Ecco had some designs with similar soles that looked like a sponge, they were the faulty ones.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Don't know them, I'll Google it and find pics

I wear Skechers myself, very comfortable.
Sketchers are the most comfortable and lasting shoes I have ever worn.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top