Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:04 PM

Have You Heard Of A ‘Secret Cinema’?

My daughter and her friends are going to a ‘Secret Cinema’ on Friday. It is Shakespeare’s, Romeo And Juliet.

I wondered, if any of you know what a Secret Cinema is and have you been to one?

I understand they are very popular and cost about £50 to attend.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:22 PM

Re: Have You Heard Of A ‘Secret Cinema’?

https://www.secretcinema.org/about

Launched in 2007 by Fabien Riggall, Secret Cinema has taken the world of immersive experiences by storm. From grassroots film screenings in abandoned London buildings, to large-scale productions in some of the most spectacular spaces worldwide, we create 360-degree participatory Secret Worlds where the boundaries between performer and audience, set and reality are constantly shifting.

We are storytellers, inventors, explorers, place-makers, cultural entrepreneurs, film fans fuelled by a desire to fill the void left by an over-saturated technological world.

Our experiences explore one of the forgotten pleasures in a time with constant access to information: secrets. Fusing film, music, art, theatre, and dance, we create unique spaces for social encounters, adventures and discoveries where films come to life.
Here's a recent review:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film...d-neon-poetry/

Sounds like pretentious steampunk .....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:25 PM

What the hell does all that gobbledegook mean, in plain English?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:26 PM

I have never heard of a secret cinema.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.secretcinema.org/about

Here's a recent review:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film...d-neon-poetry/

Sounds like pretentious steampunk .....

Thank You (yet again!) Omah. The ticket was bought for my daughter by a friend, for her 30th birthday.

It does sound a bit of an odd experience but l suppose it’s different and an experience!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:30 PM

50 quid to go into an abandoned London Building?...I think not...unless there's free booze
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:39 PM

It does seem a little steep
I guess you'd have to go to one and immerse yourself in the experience to tell if it was worth it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
50 quid to go into an abandoned London Building?...I think not...unless there's free booze
May, I am not sure? Probably no free booze. This is London and most things are expensive.

Another weird thing she went to was a ‘Silent Disco’! It was at her company’s Christmas Dinner.

Instead of loud music playing, everyone dancing wear wireless headphones and dance to the music they hear.

It must look everso funny with people dancing but the music can’t be heard by everyone in the room!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have never heard of a secret cinema.
Tara, l don’t think you would like it!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You (yet again!) Omah. The ticket was bought for my daughter by a friend, for her 30th birthday.

It does sound a bit of an odd experience but l suppose it’s different and an experience!
I think young people will love it .....

It's the "New Romantics" all over again ..... but in 3D .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top