Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 06:03 AM

Re: Amaryllis (or Hippeastrums)

Here is a nice one of Hippeastrum Appleblossom that Sandi asked me to share with you

Sandi says she keeps it in a pot and H.Appleblossom flowers for her every spring

EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 07:58 AM

Blimey that's huge! Look how small that car is!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=Abby;442146]Here is a nice one of Hippeastrum Appleblossom that Sandi asked me to share with you

Sandi says she keeps it in a pot and H.Appleblossom flowers for her every spring QUOTE]

I used to have "Apple Blossom" myself a couple of years ago, but couldn't get that one back in flower either!
That's a beauty in the photo Abby.
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2014, 06:28 AM

Hippeastrum Brendans Flower

Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 05:41 PM

I'm pretty chuffed .. my amaryllis has a flower bud
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 10:52 PM

I didn't know they flowered this time of year Janela? Are yours the same as the pot grown house plants that flower around Christmas, or are yours garden ones?
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 02:24 AM

You will be even more chuffed Janela when it does flower. They are beautiful. Make sure you take a picture of it.

Another flower to rival it is an Epyphillum. Most cacti that flower are epyphillums but you need the large ones to really appreciate them.

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of mine. Next time it flowers I will take one.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I didn't know they flowered this time of year Janela? Are yours the same as the pot grown house plants that flower around Christmas, or are yours garden ones?
This is the one that rested in the greenhouse over winter .. it was a lovely red one, it hasn't been taken out of the pot but as soon as it started showing leaves, I fed it at each watering.
I wondered about it flowering now, I'd have liked it to be at christmas

I will take a piccie Sandi I look forward to yours

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top