Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 04:28 PM

Re: Wild Birds.

I love doves.

We get Mourning Doves.

No birds are dopey.

All birds deserve equality.

Here I go again.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 04:43 PM

I agree..AC..the first time I saw 'Daft Pigeon''as I call him..he was a fledgling..surrounded by 4 cats..He decided to flap off at the last moment..

He regularly ''Crash lands'' into my Holly tree...and sits on my window sill..peering into the kitchen..

Completely thick!!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 04:47 PM

No......just an innocent bird.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 04:52 PM

He's gonna have to up his game if he is going to survive..I can't rush out and save him all the time!!
Mrs Foxtrot
Southern England
Mrs Foxtrot is female  Mrs Foxtrot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
Would you consider it acceptable to remove the feeders until MRs S D 's brats had vacated their sacks.
No.

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I have a stupid woman next door to me like that. She complained about my Starling who put his nest in the roof space between me and her for 13 years and then had a workman demolish it without my permission and knowledge.
The workman broke the law as it is illegal to destroy a nest. All birds their nests and eggs are protected by law: the Wildlife & Countryside Act of 1981.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
He's gonna have to up his game if he is going to survive..I can't rush out and save him all the time!!
Maybe he just likes you lilac.

Pigeons are actually known to become very tame, not that someone should hijack them from the wild but many people do breed them & they make very tame, affectionate pets.

Btw, I don't have them as pets just in case you're wondering
lilac
West yorks uk

27-04-2014, 05:31 PM

You are preaching to the converted Autumn.Color..I adore birds..I have had a pet owl...A jackdaw..

I love them all..but I am not always here when ''daft pigeon''makes a crash landing..the cats round here are super hunters during the spring..I hate listening to a baby birds that a cat has caught..and although they are not hungry..are determined to make them suffer...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I am sorry..but I give my regular garden inhabitants names..I have a Sid Vicious.(a robin)..Mr and Mrs Tubs..(a pair of blackbirds)...''Daft pigeon..who is a turtle necked dove, and does what it says on the tin..he will stand there until a cat is nearly upon him..and then decide to fly off...Harriet the hawk who sits up in a high tree..waiting to pick off the sparrows..and of course..the ultimate bandits..Magpies!!
If you have a Turtle dove as a garden visitor Lilac your very lucky a bird in serious decline in the UK, only seen a handful myself in the UK. Sadly one of the species shot out the sky for nothing more than fun on the continent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18049095

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27108910
emcee61
hants UK
emcee61 is male  emcee61 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 07:00 PM

We've set up our table so we can see it from our sofa. I have set up a buzzer and with a remote button pigeons can be sent on their way when they land on top of the little bird house/feed platform. : )
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 11:09 PM

I love my garden birds. I get a couple of wood pigeons, blackbirds, sparrows, wrens, magpies, robins, blue tits and coal tits around my feeding tables mostly, plus the wretched squirrels who wreck everything if they can!
Around here there are a lot of Red Kites too. They have never come into my garden that I know of, but they are always circling round in the sky just above the rooftops when I go out. They was a big old bird of prey sitting preening in the old willow tree in my neighbours garden last week. I couldn't see him clear enough to identify because of the abundance of new leaves, but I think it may have been a buzzard, not sure though, but he was much bigger than a kestrel.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top