Join for free
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 02:47 AM

Gladiolus

I bought 7 bulbs at the Dollar Store, ha ha, so I hope they work. What size container could I,put them in? How deep should it be, diametre, etc.

Thx
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 10:42 AM

Re: Gladiolus

Plant corms 3" deep, with plenty of drainage, keep moist but don't over water or the corms will rot. Keep in a sunny position.
Good luck
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 06:05 PM

I've given up on these. I planted some gladioli 2 years running, one year I got five and the year after there were three out of originally planting a dozen corms. I love them, though, especially the deep red ones.
Good Luck, I hope you have a good show!!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the input! Well if they don't work I've only lost $2-$3.
Hope they do come up as I chose a bag with different shades of pastels.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I've given up on these. I planted some gladioli 2 years running, one year I got five and the year after there were three out of originally planting a dozen corms. I love them, though, especially the deep red ones.
Good Luck, I hope you have a good show!!
You should lift them in the Autumn and replant in Spring they don't stand you to frosts if you leave them in the ground.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 11:39 AM

Perhaps that's where I went wrong, Sue.....may try again but too late this year.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top