Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 02:24 PM

The Stones ....

Read an article yesterday about the 'Rolling Stones' - still rocking ..... Really like their music but for me the star of this band is Keith Richards, so talented as a musician and songwriter and totally 'dedicated' .... The Stones - I believe, would have gathered moss by now, without Keith ...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 05:22 PM

Re: The Stones ....

Fraid I never did like the Stones Pats...But as you say "they should have gathered enough moss by now" Heeee love that..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 05:23 PM

Agree - never were nice to look at - but those 'riffs' of Keiths and, some loverly ballads too .....Yea - good enough for Pats
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2013, 07:11 PM

'Little Bird' and 'As time goes by' ..... to name two ....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 07:42 PM

In 1962/3 I was a regular at The Ricky Tick in Windsor ("I am 18, honest mister!") , The Crawdaddy in Richmond and Eel Pie Island in Twickenham. The Stones played at all three venues regularly and were always brilliant. It was an amazing time to be a teenager and I felt sorry for my kids that they couldn't live through such an exciting period for music.
Like all the bands at the time, the Stones were very accessible to their fans at the time. Many of us were on first name terms with them and I seem to remember that Brian Jones shared a flat with a guy I knew over the Can cafe in Eton High Street for a while. It was very much like the punk phenomenon in that most of us who listened to the Stones and all the other R&B bands were all in bands ourselves.
Good days.............................................. ...........................
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 10:10 PM

Have you ever noticed that the first few chords of Angie are almost the same as Hotel California by the Eagles? I noticed when I went to sing along with one of them in the car & it wasn't the one I thought it was, good job no one else could hear me!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 06:57 AM

I hadn't noticed that, so I just sat down and played them both on my guitar and you are absolutely right. Always loved "Angie! - one of my favourite Stones songs.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Read an article yesterday about the 'Rolling Stones' - still rocking ..... Really like their music but for me the star of this band is Keith Richards, so talented as a musician and songwriter and totally 'dedicated' .... The Stones - I believe, would have gathered moss by now, without Keith ...
I agree about the Rolling Stones as a band but less about Keef, they are not the same band since Brian Jones and later Mick Taylor left. I think they were the real musicians in the band and it is no coincidence that the bands greatest hits were made when they were in the band (especially Mick Taylor).

Jagger/Richards wrote good songs but it took a Mick Taylor to bring them to life.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 08:56 AM

I still love the Stones, especially Mick, such energy! I sometimes look back to those days and just can't believe that I ever was that 'wild child'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-07-2013, 09:11 AM

Without Keith - the Stones would have finished long ago .....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top