Join for free
Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Re: Brexiteer or Remainer? Give us your reasons!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Another Scot avowing the question
We know what your up to by repeating the question. If your confused I suggest you Google - the Barnett Formula- Joel Barnett (his biggest mistake seemingly)- 1979 political devolution - Scottish Fiscal Autonomy etc etc. You know all this of course, we’ve been here before. Unless your fishing for the answer that we Scots are subsidy monkeys and are fleecing the English which is b......s but there you go. Maybe your questioning the need for the Barnett Formula, good question, what would you replace it with? I’ll repeat myself, if Scotland was off your shoulders, you wouldn’t have to worry about it. Also, this is the Brexit pages, if you want to “hammer” the Scots, open another thread in the Political forum.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
We know what your up to by repeating the question. If your confused I suggest you Google - the Barnett Formula- Joel Barnett (his biggest mistake seemingly)- 1979 political devolution - Scottish Fiscal Autonomy etc etc. You know all this of course, we’ve been here before. Unless your fishing for the answer that we Scots are subsidy monkeys and are fleecing the English which is b......s but there you go. Maybe your questioning the need for the Barnett Formula, good question, what would you replace it with? I’ll repeat myself, if Scotland was off your shoulders, you wouldn’t have to worry about it. Also, this is the Brexit pages, if you want to “hammer” the Scots, open another thread in the Political forum.
I wasn't going to hammer the Scots at all - I just wanted to hear it from you. As usual I get the same old same old nationalist bitterness and loathing for England.

Good luck in the EU
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:17 PM

I wasn't going to hammer the Scots at all - I just wanted to hear it from you. As usual I get the same old same old nationalist bitterness and loathing for England.

Good luck in the EU
Don’t you see the irony in calling out the Scots for nationalistic bitterness when the Brexit Forum is filled with Brexiteers espousing the same sentiments towards the EU

You couldn't make it up
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Don’t you see the irony in calling out the Scots for nationalistic bitterness when the Brexit Forum is filled with Brexiteers espousing the same sentiments towards the EU

You couldn't make it up
They do make it up though, frequently!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 05:51 PM

You couldn't make it up
Pot, Kettle, Black? Scots SNP crying out for Independence, Scots SNP crying out because we want our Independence.

Oh, the Irony!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 06:12 PM

You couldn't make it up

We want to leave the EU

The Scots want to join it - hardly independence is it
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 06:20 PM

Good luck in the EU
Where have I said I loath the English? I don’t, my wife’s English.I live near the border and have many English friends, so please......don’t try that old chestnut.
What I do loath is the destructive, xenophobic nationalism that the likes of Farage has unleashed and yes up here too). I loath the way Boris hitched his ambition to the right wing bandwagon.
Calling the SNP anti-English is nonsense and shows a lack of understanding of politics up here.
Waste of time wishing us good luck in the EU, we look like leaving against our will anyway.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-08-2019, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Where have I said I loath the English? I don’t, my wife’s English.I live near the border and have many English friends, so please......don’t try that old chestnut.
What I do loath is the destructive, xenophobic nationalism that the likes of Farage has unleashed and yes up here too). I loath the way Boris hitched his ambition to the right wing bandwagon.
Calling the SNP anti-English is nonsense and shows a lack of understanding of politics up here.
Waste of time wishing us good luck in the EU, we look like leaving against our will anyway.
The SNP is anti-English, it's the same single policy politics from Sturgeon and co.

They lost 13 seats to the Tories in the 2017 election - Scotlands starting to reject them as well.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

05-08-2019, 06:36 PM

The SNP is anti-English, it's the same single policy politics from Sturgeon and co.

They lost 13 seats to the Tories in the 2017 election - Scotlands starting to reject them as well.
Aye whatever! Same old rhetoric. Why oh why do you keep repeating questions if your not prepared to listen to any answer?
On second thoughts, don’t answer that, it’ll be the same old same old and I’m tired of it.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:46 PM

"We" don't have the Barnett Formula, Scotland, Wales and NI have the Barnett formula

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula

Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top