Join for free
Page 70 of 164 « First < 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 > Last »
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:51 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Surely a headache, soreness, tiredness etc after the vaccination are something to rejoice in? They are all signs that the vaccine is working and that the body is fighting the intruder.

I would be worried if I didn't get some reaction.
You could also say that the stronger your immune system the less reaction you would have.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
You could also say that the stronger your immune system the less reaction you would have.
Scot, I think l go with your version because l rarely get colds or flu and this must be why l’ve had absolutely no reaction.

I know this is weird but since l've had the Pfizer vaccine, l have been on a sort of ‘high’ as if they injected me with ‘happiness’!

I know you’ve probably all raised your eyes and think l’ve lost it!
I wouldn’t even say, it’s a feeling of relief for having the vaccine. It’s a feeling of wellbeing and very happy!

I might regret divulging this but it’s true....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:38 PM

You are only immune to anything if it has already attacked your body... and nobody had encountered this virus before. Your immune system notices anything new in your body & tries to prevent it harming you by producing antibodies.
They used to inject live vaccines (but in tiny doses) and your body would build up antibodies so you were already protected should you catch the disease!
Many viruses mutate so we would need many vaccinations to fight them all if we used live vaccines, that is why they choose just 4 or 5 infectious flu viruses for the yearly flu jabs . They have now found a way to create similar cells to Covid and have successfully found a way to make our immune system attack them without them giving us a live vaccine... but I suspect that our bodies have to work harder to produce the antibodies!

It is a bit like, if a lion sees a fit healthy dinner & is hungry, he has to run faster to catch it!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You are only immune to anything if it has already attacked your body... and nobody had encountered this virus before. Your immune system notices anything new in your body & tries to prevent it harming you by producing antibodies.
They used to inject live vaccines (but in tiny doses) and your body would build up antibodies so you were already protected should you catch the disease!
Many viruses mutate so we would need many vaccinations to fight them all if we used live vaccines, that is why they choose just 4 or 5 infectious flu viruses for the yearly flu jabs . They have now found a way to create similar cells to Covid and have successfully found a way to make our immune system attack them without them giving us a live vaccine... but I suspect that our bodies have to work harder to produce the antibodies!

It is a bit like, if a lion sees a fit healthy dinner & is hungry, he has to run faster to catch it!
Then why have some people had Covid but didn't know because they did not have any symptoms?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 01:17 PM

Then why have some people had Covid but didn't know because they did not have any symptoms?
A good point Scot, and I know some couples where one has caught covid and the other one has remained clear, even though they live together...
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Scot, I think l go with your version because l rarely get colds or flu and this must be why l’ve had absolutely no reaction.

I know this is weird but since l've had the Pfizer vaccine, l have been on a sort of ‘high’ as if they injected me with ‘happiness’!

I know you’ve probably all raised your eyes and think l’ve lost it!
I wouldn’t even say, it’s a feeling of relief for having the vaccine. It’s a feeling of wellbeing and very happy!

I might regret divulging this but it’s true....
My thoughts on that are you are relieved you’ve had the first jab ,no reaction so it’s had this effect on you despite your denial .Not on purpose of course .
The improvement in the weather ,more light hours ,both increase the upliftment of spirit.
There is nothing whatsoever in a vaccine that could affect your
wellbeing Art . Enjoy your mood tho .🙂
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 01:43 PM

Many of us could have had Covid & not known. The only way they could find out is to test for antibodies. It would be no different than the live vaccines they gave us for things like polio & smallpox, so if they had a mild version of Covid their body could have produced antibodies quickly.
I may have had Covid without symptoms, but I still had the jab because it is better to be safe than sorry.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 02:10 PM

If I had to choose between having a vaccination or losing a holiday I’d choose the latter.
I understand fully that we who don’t want it will be reviled by some ,that’s already happened .
By the way ,judging by what I’m reading both locally and nationally there will be hundreds refusing their invitation when the programme gets down to the lower age groups.

By the way I’m not suggesting Prince Philip has the virus but is the reason he said he didn’t feel well because of the vaccine inside him ? As opposed to how Artangel feels ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 02:48 PM

I am not so sure about that idea, Scott, I'd need some proof before I believed that.

You're theory might be right of course, but also it could be the opposite, and it is the very powerful immune system which leaps into overdrive and causes the problems for some people.
Zuleika
North West UK

23-02-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am not so sure about that idea, Scott, I'd need some proof before I believed that.

You're theory might be right of course, but also it could be the opposite, and it is the very powerful immune system which leaps into overdrive and causes the problems for some people
The latter my belief Mups!

Page 70 of 164 « First < 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top