Join for free
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

05-02-2015, 08:38 PM

Martha

In oder to write, you must be in the zone. You must be in that special place in your head where you love to be. I didn't know what to tell you about tonight, I just couldn't make up my mind, as if something was distracting me, and then I suddenly realised what it was, " Martha " O yes I haven't told you about Martha have I. Well a few weeks ago James or Mr Rascal as you know him by, actually caught a dragon in a trap he had set in the woods. Trouble is James, being a kind hearted sole offered the dragon a place to stay. Sue his wife said " your not letting that creature sleep in this house James " and of course james had to obey. The next thing you know James was round at my house saying he had caught the dragon and could it stay at my house. Well you never know where this sort of thing will end. Dragons are supposed to live in caves like the one that lives below Snowdon, not in houses. Martha is sound asleep on the carpet under my table with her head resting on my left foot. That might sound fine to you but by about 11.00pm she will wake up and tare around the house like a mad thing. Barb is pretty tolerant but if Martha gets to wild Barb will be asked her to leave.
Dragons don't eat much, a couple of chickens and say 5 lamb chops and she seems quite happy. There are a few scorch marks around the house but they should cover up well with a good rub down and a lick of emulsion. James owes me one for looking after Martha. She can cause havoc in a house and she affects your thinking in some strange way. If you think some of my stories over the next few weeks sound a bit strange remember it's not my fault, blame Martha.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:42 PM

Re: Martha

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
In oder to write, you must be in the zone. You must be in that special place in your head where you love to be. I didn't know what to tell you about tonight, I just couldn't make up my mind, as if something was distracting me, and then I suddenly realised what it was, " Martha " O yes I haven't told you about Martha have I. Well a few weeks ago James or Mr Rascal as you know him by, actually caught a dragon in a trap he had set in the woods. Trouble is James, being a kind hearted sole offered the dragon a place to stay. Sue his wife said " your not letting that creature sleep in this house James " and of course james had to obey. The next thing you know James was round at my house saying he had caught the dragon and could it stay at my house. Well you never know where this sort of thing will end. Dragons are supposed to live in caves like the one that lives below Snowdon, not in houses. Martha is sound asleep on the carpet under my table with her head resting on my left foot. That might sound fine to you but by about 11.00pm she will wake up and tare around the house like a mad thing. Barb is pretty tolerant but if Martha gets to wild Barb will be asked her to leave.
Dragons don't eat much, a couple of chickens and say 5 lamb chops and she seems quite happy. There are a few scorch marks around the house but they should cover up well with a good rub down and a lick of emulsion. James owes me one for looking after Martha. She can cause havoc in a house and she affects your thinking in some strange way. If you think some of my stories over the next few weeks sound a bit strange remember it's not my fault, blame Martha.
Bob, I think you are such a good writer, and have so many stories to tell, that you should start your own blog here. Blogs are great for followers who want to read what you've said next. Have you ever thought about it?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:51 PM

Didn't Dickens write his stories as short episodes in a newspaper before they became full blooded novels. You certainly know how to put words together to make it interesting. Just a word of what I hope you will take as positive criticism, take a little more care with your spelling. Who knows, you might get something published one of these days.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

05-02-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Didn't Dickens write his stories as short episodes in a newspaper before they became full blooded novels. You certainly know how to put words together to make it interesting. Just a word of what I hope you will take as positive criticism, take a little more care with your spelling. Who knows, you might get something published one of these days.
Thank you Alan, I do have terrible problems with spelling. I am for ever opening up a new tab to spell words. I have never read or seen Dickens short stories, all this is out of my head, barb thinks I am a bit mad. The thing is Barb can spell so perhaps I should run it past her first. Actually I have already had a book published on Electrical Applications for Refrigeration Engineers, it was for Grimsby college and I had to sell the royalties for £1,500.00 as part of the deal.
bob
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

05-02-2015, 10:44 PM

I still haven't got the hang of this yet. I have put lots of pictures on photobucket but how can I get the picture to appear on this forum. I can get the http: bit to come up but where is the picture. It's all very stressful when it was so easy to upload to photobucket. Can anyone just call me a pratt and tell me what to do.
MKJ you know about this sort of stuff, kick me in the right direction.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 11:47 PM

MKJ you know about this sort of stuff, kick me in the right direction.
It is quite easy to make a small video showing how to do this. If I have time tomorrow I will make one.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 08:05 AM

Thank you Alan, I do have terrible problems with spelling. I am for ever opening up a new tab to spell words. I have never read or seen Dickens short stories, all this is out of my head, barb thinks I am a bit mad. The thing is Barb can spell so perhaps I should run it past her first. Actually I have already had a book published on Electrical Applications for Refrigeration Engineers, it was for Grimsby college and I had to sell the royalties for £1,500.00 as part of the deal.
bob
Alan is absolutely right, most if not all of Dickens' books were published in weekly (or was it monthly?) instalments in a magazine. This is why his books tend to have lots of climaxes scattered through them to leave you wanting more (think of the episodes of Superman at Saturday morning pictures in the 50s) though I remember reading somewhere they were re edited before they were published in one volume.

Dickens did write some short stories, personally I have only read one collection (Sketches by Boz) but some of his novels were definitely published as episodes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top