Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:29 PM

Re: State pension scandal …

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Another reason to transfer the income tax onto the VAT tax JBR ??
Nobody escapes it !!
Except global corporates, which will have to be treated separately
As has become evident with the Amazon debacle !!
I have no idea. I'm no economist.

Income tax, VAT, road tax (or whatever they want to call it), corporation tax, council tax, God knows what other taxes. They're all means of taking money from us in different ways.

Who takes the money? What do they give us in return?

As for VAT, I suppose one way of avoiding it is not to buy anything. Personally, I'm all in favour of barter. They can't tax that!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes, they supposedly pay tax in the country they do business in ?But,
being global the profits get payed directly into their off shore office,
and the actual company in say the UK for instance might even make
a loss? ( tax credit!) the UK employees will pay their personal tax
ok, but as was the case with Amazon last year the company
paid less than a single individual pays in tax in the UK !!!
This on profits of about £2 billion ??
Hence the proposed and supposed crack down announced
recently by Rishi Sunak !
I don't hold out any hopes of much change once the lobbyists
start with their motivational searches though ?

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
If the holding company is structured such that it is not in the UK then why should the holding company pay a penny UK tax when any UK transaction is conducted in the UK and any profits are taxed within the UK? When it comes to corporation taxes is where the anomaly seems to be taking place. But isn't.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Income tax, VAT, road tax (or whatever they want to call it), corporation tax, council tax, God knows what other taxes. They're all means of taking money from us in different ways.

As for VAT, I suppose one way of avoiding it is not to buy anything. Personally, I'm all in favour of barter. They can't tax that!
Where I used to live there was a scheme, can't recall the name now, where a person would do work for someone and then in return that person would use their skills or trade to repay the other person for the work they did. We nearly all want some work done at some time and if the various trades / skills and people get known then no money changes hands so no tax payable, everybody wins, except the taxman!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Where I used to live there was a scheme, can't recall the name now, where a person would do work for someone and then in return that person would use their skills or trade to repay the other person for the work they did. We nearly all want some work done at some time and if the various trades / skills and people get known then no money changes hands so no tax payable, everybody wins, except the taxman!
Apparently, there's a law against it somewhere. Vague recollection about it being called quid pro quo taxation, but I might well be wrong
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I'm all for it.
In fact, another advantage of people undertaking apprenticeships and gaining useful skills, as opposed to going to university and having qualifications which offer no practical skills!
That's what I'd have done 50 years ago if I'd known what I know now.
But that's a different thread.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:04 PM

I'm all for it.
In fact, another advantage of people undertaking apprenticeships and gaining useful skills, as opposed to going to university and having qualifications which offer no practical skills!
But that's a different thread.
Too right JBR and from reading another post, somewhere but cannot recall where,
we are not alone in thinking this way!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:14 PM

The treasury take the money. The treasury then provide the budgets of "spending," ministries with what they need to spend plus the money that is given to the Windsor's and other leaches and to pay for the government infrastructures.

Spending ministries deliver the NHS, Benefit payments especially the money to all sorts of immigrants, roads, councils, subsidies to Scotland - in fact everything that "the government" pays for because without taxes the government HAS NO money.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-06-2021, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The treasury take the money. The treasury then provide the budgets of "spending," ministries with what they need to spend plus the money that is given to the Windsor's and other leaches and to pay for the government infrastructures.

Spending ministries deliver the NHS, Benefit payments especially the money to all sorts of immigrants, roads, councils, subsidies to Scotland - in fact everything that "the government" pays for because without taxes the government HAS NO money.
And I'd add foreign aid to that, along with the waste of money that's the House of Frauds.

I'd stop all of those if I could.
Illegal immigrants can do what many of our ex-servicemen do, and beg on the streets.
Councils already sting us with their council tax.
Scotland can have its independence and reduce our taxes, (though of course I realise that most Scots don't want to leave the UK). On the other hand, if the Barnett formula extended to Yorkshire as well, I'd go along with that!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If the holding company is structured such that it is not in the UK then why should the holding company pay a penny UK tax when any UK transaction is conducted in the UK and any profits are taxed within the UK? When it comes to corporation taxes is where the anomaly seems to be taking place. But isn't.
As l have just tried to explain to you Todgy! The corporation has
just hoovered £2 billion out of UK, and paid zilch corporation tax ?
And it achieved this just by establishing a take office in some fake
nation somewhere ?

Let's hope Rishi & co can change the laws and make necessary for
international company's to have their licensed office in whatever
country they do business and to pay the Sam tax as a resident
business would ?
BTW, you haven't answered my question yet ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Apparently, there's a law against it somewhere. Vague recollection about it being called quid pro quo taxation, but I might well be wrong
That sounds about right Dex!
Just what they would do to stop the peasants dodging their
lordships demands !!
Obviously they would have to prove it happened ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top